Krupp Titan Stretched Truck

spacer.png

Revell Krupp Titan SWL 80spacer.png

I built a Bussing 8000 a while ago, during build had a post from Roy vd M. Re enlarging Krupp.This is my take on this. Extended by aprox 2 ins which brought length to 16ins

spacer.png

I know log transporters are usually flatbed, but I tried it that way & did'nt care for look at all. Wanted it roughed up a bit so logging was good. Would have been easier as a flatbed,but hey I build for me So this is in my mind a sawmill that uses its own truck to pick up small loads.spacer.pngspacer.pngMany thanks to Roy vd M If Roy sees this I did Remember about the yellow triangle on cab roof,but not till quite late in the build & that was as far as I could get it to lie flat.Check out his post (May 2015) to see a master at work.

• Like 23

Great result - some fantastic weathering overall and on the graphics and windows in particular. I just did my first really weathered model and I was very worried about weathering the glass windows and not being able to undo it. These look just right to me.

Thank You The windows were just a light spray with a earth colour, only thing I forgot to add wiper masking first.Much easier to dirty windows than to keep them sparkling LOL

Great work John! Convincing all over. 12 points for the metal "rack" on the flatbed to keep the logs from wandering off. 

Thank you for kind words . I kind of like the way it turned out. Also got a American Wrecker Truck stretched & near completion That one will be in a well looked after state. Don't stretch everything got a London RML bus that I hope to turn into a RM open top,but that is for the future.