AIM-132 on tornado ADV

pacificmustang

G’day All 

Looking  for some information on the mounting of ASRAAM on the ADV 

I’m currently building the revell 48 tornado ADV and my chosen scheme looks like it’s armed with ASRAAM, but I can find no clear photos of the launcher. Can I use the sidewinder launchers from the kit, or does ASRAAM use a different launcher. Also, we’re the launchers staggered , as  a lot of the photos I have looked at make it hard to discern.

thanks for the assistance 

Bruce 

Check your references/dates, the inner rail was replaced by the BOL launch rail at some point, I can't remember the date though, maybe someone else can chip in?

-Dazza 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Not my picture but this may help, it looks like the AIM132 is fitted to a LAU7 (Sidewinder launch rail) and the aircraft is carrying a BOL launcher on the inboard face of the pylon.

Ok, now what I’ve been seeing in photos makes sense, so the inboard AIM was fitted to the BOL?

3 minutes ago, pacificmustang said:

Ok, now what I’ve been seeing in photos makes sense, so the inboard AIM was fitted to the BOL?

Again, not my picture but it looks like you may be right.

One of Treble One Squadron's finest fully loaded from a Quick Reaction Alert (QRA) mission - note the yellow and brown markings on the missiles denoting live munitions.

• Like 1