I don't really know which subforum to post this in

Garethm

I originally got into this hobby thinking I'd start building dioramas, but as it happened, my main focus when I first started was figures. I had a bunch of ideas for dioramas, but never built them, and instead painted figures, and later vehicles that suited my interests. I gradually veered into gearing my model building around my photography hobby and taking photos of my models engaged in different activities. I've been doing this for a while now and I've really enjoyed combining the two hobbies. For obvious reasons I've found Masterbox figures in particular to be ideal for my purposes, although Miniart, ICM, Zvezda have been incredibly useful to me as well. 

You can find my work at http://armymenaroundthehouse.ca
https://www.instagram.com/armymenaroundthehouse/
https://www.facebook.com/armymenaroundthehouse/

StFRdbx.jpg
RuKIOEh.png
CdkYeGp.jpg
jH1Se4v.png
7f5bh3w.jpg

I've also started taking a series of Film Noir themed photos, since that genre peaked shortly after world war two, and there are a pretty good selection of 1:35 scale civilians for me to work with.

Vgqfg8q.jpg
DVHVE5B.jpg
3Qf2J07.jpg
I've found lately for the noir stuff in particular that building scenery and using it much the way film sets would be built in the studio at the time to be a very practical approach.

• Like 26
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2020 at 2:24 PM, dcrfan said:

I won't feel safe walking around my home in the dark in case I see the little people 😉

Forget about the little people everytime i go outside now i'm going to be looking for giant cats :cat:....

Great photo's Garethm,especially the last two....

Edited by Vince1159

Really enjoyable and innovative.  That made me smile a lot.  

It also made me remember "General Jumbo" which should come easily to Britmodellers of the 60's generation.  It was some of my favourite early reading and coincided with the Airfix packs of polythene soldiers

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 10:55 AM, Pete F said:

Really good - reminds me of the film Welcome to Marwen which was odd but I enjoyed it.

I have to say that the opening 5 or 10 mins of that film are amongst the funniest 5 or 10 mins of ANY film, ever. And yes, @Garethm's photos did remind me of that the moment I saw them.

• Like 1

Hi @Garethm

Excellent and amusing work! I would say they definitely qualify as 'dioramas', now that they exist 'in the cloud'.  Some of the dioramas I've made no longer exist, but the photos of them do and that's the only way that 100 percent of people will see 99.99999999 percent of dioramas any way.

My favourite is the 'banana skin' one, followed closely (pun intended) by the iron.

Keep up the good work!

Rearguards,

Badder