ICM Do 215B-4 1:48

Well it is done. My ICM 1/48 Do 215B-4 is complete. Here is the link to the WIP.

This has been quite a journey, but in the end I got there and am very pleased with the result. 

Unfortunately the weather is very overcast today so the images aren't as good as I would like.

The overall paint work looks better in real life. As a result I may take new photos when the sun comes

back in about a week. We have had very little rain in since Christmas so I'm happy to get it over the next week.

Anyway I thought I would put it up. Also I forgot to dust the plane, so you will see some dust particles on it. 

Also the right prop has moved in the photos. They are not fixed in case I move one day. Sorry didn't notice it. 

I will do a cockpit closeup when I have better light. 

You will notice an unsual pattern on the lower surfaces. This was used in with this plane type. I'm not sure why. 

The bombay is loaded, but these planes didn't always carry bombs when they where on recon missions, so I kept it closed.

I will open it when I do the Do17z.

One thing I forgot to mention.  This build has resin tail planes. This helps the overall look. The kit ones are too big.

Do 215-4 imageF6

Do 215-4 imageF7

Do 215-4 imageF5

Do 215-4 imageF3

Do 215-4 imageF2

Do 215-4 imageF 1

Do 215-4 imageF4

• Like 28

6 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

Man, that looks great Greg! :clap2:  I think its the best model I've seen from your modelwerks!   Bravo my friend, bravo. :worthy:

Yes Gary you are most likely right. It does look a lot better in reality.  The photos are a bit grainy because of the bad light. 

• Like 1

• Mike changed the title to ICM Do 215B-4 1:48

This looks great but I agree you need mor sunlight.  I really like the mottling you have done with the green on the underside of the fuselage - I realize how hard it is to get it to look this good.

• Thanks 1

Excellent result Greg, the shape, colours and overall sheen look perfect. Nice canopy farming and the underside mottling and muddy wheels are very effective touches. Two big thumbs up from me mate.

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because the internet where I am won't show  photos hosted by flikr I had to Google image search them. As I bought the 1/72 version of this on Friday I thought I would go to the trouble,  I'm glad I did, great work Greg. 👍

That's a bit of a coincidence, I also bought decals for G2 BH. 

Roger. 

Edited by Roger Newsome
  • Thanks 1

On 24/05/2020 at 17:46, Roger Newsome said:

Because the internet where I am won't show  photos hosted by flikr I had to Google image search them. As I bought the 1/72 version of this on Friday I thought I would go to the trouble,  I'm glad I did, great work Greg. 👍

That's a bit of a coincidence, I also bought decals for G2 BH. 

Roger. 

Rodger

You will most likely find that the 1/72 version of this kit is to same as the 1/48. I know the Do17z is.

Have a look at my WIP thread where I point out a few issues. Some you most likely won't have such as the locating holes in the fuselage for the left support beam that is in the cockpit was missing  which really  caused me a lot of issues. Also the location of the pilots platform is not shown correctly in the instructions.  I had to find another build before I realized the problem. 

Be very careful how you build the engines.  Not all parts are necessary if you close them up. Also don't use Tamiya extra thin on the support arms. It can melt and deform  them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Rodger

You will most likely find that the 1/72 version of this kit is to same as the 1/48. I know the Do17z is.

Have a look at my WIP thread where I point out a few issues. Some you most likely won't have such as the locating holes in the fuselage for the left support beam that is in the cockpit was missing  which really  caused me a lot of issues. Also the location of the pilots platform is not shown correctly in the instructions.  I had to find another build before I realized the problem. 

Be very careful how you build the engines.  Not all parts are necessary if you close them up. Also don't use Tamiya extra thin on the support arms. It can melt and deform  them. 

Thanks very much for the tips Greg. I've made a note of your wip thread for reference for when I do mine. I've been on the lookout for an aircraft that flew from Sola for sometime so this has jumped to the top of the "to do" list when I get home on leave.

Roger.