Universal Carrier +++FINISHED+++

Foxbat

OK, as requested by @Johnson here is what the magic looks like close up. I've done a couple of touch ups this morning, just for me :)

The rifles. Cleaning up the runner attachments on something that delicate was pretty much impossible. The solution is to paint them brass and call them the sling attachments. 

spacer.png

That radio. I'm really pleased with how it turned out - I've tried the same technique on 1/72 aircraft instrument panels but it didn't work as well as it has here. 

spacer.png

Front end, particularly the spare wheel and tow cable.

spacer.png

Inside the cab with those cracked and worn leather pads pretending to be seats. 

spacer.png

The spare Thompson SMG hanging on the wall. I'm not sure this would still have been in service in 1944 - think it is more appropriate for the Tunisian marking option but it was too cool not to use :D 

spacer.png

And to finish, an overall shot showing how all that detail that looks a mess close up kind of works from the correct viewing distance. I think the secret is to go Monet rather than Da Vinci - create a good impression rather than map every detail.

spacer.png

And the final penny shot for @BIG X who I'm sure must have thought I'd forgotten :)

spacer.png

Andy 

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, BIG X said:

A lovely job sir - a very lovely job - I especially like the radio - top work!!!

Thank you. That front end is going to have to come off again though - it's not square. If there's one thing I've learnt about Tamiya (not the decals, the other thing) - if it doesn't fit, you've done it wrong.

Andy

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Foxbat said:

OK, as requested by @Johnson here is what the magic looks like close up. I've done a couple of touch ups this morning, just for me :)

Thanks Andy, excellent detail, nice pair of No.4 rifles (probably made by BSA).

Cheers,

• Like 1