Nissan R90CP Le Mans 1990

This is Studio 27's lovely 1/24 Nissan R90CP from Le Mans 1990. It's a typical older resin and white metal offering but stands up well against their newer releases. Just wish they would do a few more Group C racers.

z (1)

It's built pretty much OOB except that for some reason, Studio 27 forgot to retro-mod the headlights from 'Daytona' spec to 'Le Mans'. In the kit they have the larger, later covers which I think were introduced when the R90CP raced at Daytona and needed a bit more peripheral lighting:

z2

I took these photos at LM '90 and you can see the difference:

z22

z

No idea why they didn't modify the kit, which also has a few erroneous decals, indicating that they sort-of modelled the Le Mans car from the Daytona version. Anyway here are a few more. I modified the headlight surrounds with good old Milliput and trimmed the vac-formed covers to size.

z (8)

z (7)

z (5)

z (4)

z (3)

Hope you like it. :)

• Like 20

Nice work on a lovely car. Good catch on the lights as well. The cars were looking so good back then, especially with those low rear wings.

It's not the only time S27 has taken short cuts, I have a problematic Peugeot 908 in the stash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gt6mkiii said:

Nicely built - one of my favourite Group C cars! The stripe and body paint pattern looks super crisp, was that decals or masking?

The thin red line is a decal; the other blocks of colour are masked and sprayed.

47 minutes ago, Bengalensis said:

It's not the only time S27 has taken short cuts, I have a problematic Peugeot 908 in the stash.

I've made most of my favourite Group C cars and a few LMPs. I'm hoping someone will do a kit of the recent Ginetta LMP-1, which has to be my favourite from recent times. I do loke 908s too, so will have to look out. :)

• 3 weeks later...