Airfix Heinkel He-111 H6

My take on the Airfix Heinkel He-111 H6, lovely kit - goes together well, except the side windows seemed oversize and the fit was very tight.. Out of the box with the exception of an Eduard Mask and QuickBoost German gun barrels. Few mistakes along the way, mainly forgetting to paint the insides of the side windows and some glue stains on the canopy. The top gun canopy has now been corrected as it's reversed in the images.

spacer.png

spacer.png

DSC-4996.jpg

• Like 35

That is a very nice build - looks really smart.  It is worth investing in some third party Swazis as they finish off the Lufty models that don't have them included in the decal sheet.

Nicely done.

An important lesson for any others building the Airfix He 111 is the fuselage windows show the colour of the bare plastic unless they have the cut-out round the 'frame' painted before inserting the clear parts. 

I had the same problem. 

23 hours ago, Booty003 said:

That is a very nice build - looks really smart.  It is worth investing in some third party Swazis as they finish off the Lufty models that don't have them included in the decal sheet.

Thank you. There are swas tikas on the tail but edited out as used these pictures on another group.

12 hours ago, FatFlyHalf said:

Nicely done.

An important lesson for any others building the Airfix He 111 is the fuselage windows show the colour of the bare plastic unless they have the cut-out round the 'frame' painted before inserting the clear parts. 

I had the same problem. 

Thanks

I should've test fitted the windows first. My fault there, I'm awful for dry fitting.