spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Tank, Infantry, Valentine Mk.IV in 1/35 scale from Tamiya with RB metal barrels and Masterclub metal tracks. Painted with Tamiya acrylics; weathered with, Vallejo acrylic weathering effects, Ammo and Mig Productions enamels; Ammo pigments and dirt from outside. 

Comments and criticism welcomed!

• Like 25

23 minutes ago, IanC said:

Brilliant job. What made you change the tracks? I thought Tamiya's link and length ones were pretty good?

They're fine for what they are, but I really enjoy metal tracks. Plus, with the way this model is engineered, it's just about impossible to get the tracks on once the fenders are in place unless you keep them in multiple parts (and then you're trying to assemble and glue painted & weathered tracks on a painted & weathered tank).

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 4:58 AM, President Trff said:

Lovely job, love the way you have created a worn effect. How did you do that?

Best

John

Thanks mate!

It’s essentially the hairspray technique used for chipping, only in this case it isn’t representing chipped paint in the normal sense, but instead it’s meant to simulate worn and distressed paint.

It all looks fantastic, but I'll single out one tiny part, that spade looks amazing.  It is not often that tools look convincing on models but these certainly do.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 4:50 PM, President Trff said:

I just watched a YouTube video by Night Shift showing a similar effect on 1/72 T-90. I'm going to have to try that.

J

You definitely should! It's a fun technique that gives such an interesting result and it especially helps with things painted in a single color by making it way more interesting.