This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Simon Cornes

Large Scale Planes Offline

I know this is not a Britmodeller question but I’m sure that a few of us use LSP. Any idea why their site is down? Almost 24 hours now. Probably having a software update as happens with BM from time to time but I’ve noticed it with LSP before.

It'll be a server issue, it's happened before, hopefully Kev will rectify it before long.

Sorry to hear that.  First we've heard, but hopefully they'll get it sorted soon.  They've got plenty of experience with servers and have offered us some advice in the past.  Good luck lads, if you're watching :yes:

I've edited the title to better reflect the issue, and if anyone's got a beef with LSP I can confirm that dissing them won't be tolerated, so if that's why anyone rocks up in this topic, leave now. :)

Thanks for that information I wondered where LSP had gone, also Aeroscale seems to be missing.

Cheers

Dennis

47 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Thanks for that information I wondered where LSP had gone, also Aeroscale seems to be missing.

It's been down here for hours here.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Simon Cornes said:

Any idea why their site is down? Almost 24 hours now.

The site renders a 500 Internal Server Error.  That might indeed be something that broke on the server software.

Depending on what went wrong (configuration completely screwed up or a specific s/w bug) it could take the hosting party some time. And it's a weekend.

At least - I'm guessing they use a hosting partner, and don't manage/maintain the site themselves.

(slightly worrying from my work perspective: wot, no functioning backup/backout plan to revert? - and friday push-to-prod is a bit YOLO)

Edited by alt-92

Sounds bad to me, but at lest Aeroscale is back

Cheers

Dennis

Posted (edited)

According to the site admin - Kevin Futter - their site support is stating that it will take up to 72 hours for the support ticket to be dealt with (that was posted 15 hours ago). 

So up to 3 days to deal with the server outage.... Not a great level of tech support for those guys sadly. Kevin does go on to say that this may prompt a server move!

Info for you guys in-case you are not on the LSP facebook page

@Simon Cornes

@Kagemusha

@spitfire

@Mick4350

@alt-92

Edited by treker_ed

Oof.

Yeah. Not great.

5 minutes ago, treker_ed said:

According to the site admin - Kevin Futter - their site support is stating that it will take up to 72 hours for the support ticket to be dealt with (that was posted 15 hours ago). 

So up to 3 days to deal with the server outage.... Not a great level of tech support for those guys sadly. Kevin does go on to say that this may prompt a server move!

Info for you guys in-case you are not on the LSP facebook page

@Simon Cornes

@Kagemusha

@spitfire

@Mick4350

@alt-92

Thank you for that information, sounds like a move is definately called for.

Cheers

Dennis

In all fairness, 'up to 72 hours' is a standard response for a basic support contract - at work we use a support ticket timer ranging from 2 hours (P-1) to 5 workdays (P-4).
That doesn't necessarily mean we don't act faster of course ;) but it sounds like this isn't the first delayed response Kev's had.

It now looks like they are back up and running.

On 23/05/2020 at 16:06, alt-92 said:

slightly worrying from my work perspective: wot, no functioning backup/backout plan to revert? - and friday push-to-prod is a bit YOLO)

YOLO?

That's a new acronym for me. Is it computer tech speak?

Just now, Whofan said:

YOLO?

That's a new acronym for me. Is it computer tech speak?

You Only Live Once

Just now, bentwaters81tfw said:

You Only Live Once

Aha!

Thanks.

That was a nice surprise, checking my webs like I do every morning and LSP is back, not earth shattering news in light of recent events but it's nice.

Cheers

Dennis