Available Decals in 1.72nd for interwar aircraft ?

Hi all. I am currently in the process of restoring a number of 1.72nd scale interwar aircraft which I found at a car boot sale a few years ago

So far I have I finished the following as luckily I had the decal sheets in my stash , Fairey Gordon , Fairey IIIF & , Gloster Grebe.

I am now looking for decals for the following 

Gloster Gamecock , Westland Wapiti , Hawker Horsley , Westland Wallace , Hawker Woodcock , Gloster Gauntlet  plus others I have yet to identify .

I already have Hannants Interwar roundels and part one of Model Alliance sheet which covers Bristol Bulldog , Hawker Fury ,Snipe and Gladiator .

If anyone has any of the original decal sheets from the above or know of any currently available I would be very interested.

Cheers Keith 

If you've got the time, you might try doing an internet search for "1/72 Gloster Gauntlet decals" and so on. You could also do the same search on Evilbay, as most likely the majority of decal sheets for between the wars individual aircraft are  likely OOP. If you don't need squadron or command badges/pennants, your best bet might be to buy serials, codes, roundels, fin stripes, etc. from the aftermarket. Modeldecals and Model Alliance are probably the best overall sources. Good luck on your quest!

Mike

• Like 1

This will help with serials as it includes some with the white outline often seen over rudder stripes.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/VA7287?result-token=JE7m9

The MA sheet also seems to cover the Gauntlet, leaving Gloster Gamecock , Westland Wapiti , Hawker Horsley , Westland Wallace , Hawker Woodcock and unidentified ones.#

IIRC the Woodcock served with 3 Squadron which had a plain green stripe as it's marking so you can probably do that with generic markings and careful masking or reworking the 3 Sqdn markings for the Bulldog on the MA sheet you have. It should also be possible to find Wapiti, Wallace and Horsley options without squadron markings so again generic decals should do those leaving the Gamecock as the only problem - for which you could go left field - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/GAL72008?result-token=1AOfL

Thank you all for your replys .

I forgot to mention that I already have VA7287 which covers code letters and numbers , also the Model Alliance sheet has options for the Gauntlet

so that one is sorted too :yes: The Woodcock I can get away with a 3sqn machine as this is just Green stripe on upper wing and fuselage sides.

Gamecock I could try John Adams at Aero club and see if he has any decal sheets left .

Once I have sorted out my image hosting with photo bucket I will get some pics up to show you all what I am up against and the finished models so far. Also thank you to BB for the kind offer of some decals , I will contact you shortly.

Cheers Keith.

4 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

Thank you all for your replys .

I forgot to mention that I already have VA7287 which covers code letters and numbers , also the Model Alliance sheet has options for the Gauntlet

so that one is sorted too :yes: The Woodcock I can get away with a 3sqn machine as this is just Green stripe on upper wing and fuselage sides.

Gamecock I could try John Adams at Aero club and see if he has any decal sheets left .

Once I have sorted out my image hosting with photo bucket I will get some pics up to show you all what I am up against and the finished models so far. Also thank you to BB for the kind offer of some decals , I will contact you shortly.

Cheers Keith.

Keith,

CMR did a very nice resin Gamecock in 1/72- you might try contacting them to see if they have any spare decal sheets you could buy. Worth a shot!

Mike

Keith

I do not know whether you have resolved this yet, but the Aeroclub Gamecock had decals for three machines from 17, 32 and 43 sqn. So if it is just squadron markings you need, I can let you have one of them as I am not going to use all three. Not sure what state they are in as they are rather old.

Paul