Sparten games Patriot armoured carrier

So I thought I would join in with something that was a little weird, with this armoured vehicle. 

It comes from spartan games dystopian legions games in 32mm.

Sadly the company has long gone but you can still pick up some of the models on ebay at times. 

It should measure around 4 1/2" long x 3" wide. 

Model is made from very good quality solid resin casting and pewter parts. 

Simle straight forward construction, so I'm hoping that I can concentrate a little more on painting. 

DSC_0787 DSC_0788 DSC_0789 DSC_0790 DSC_0791

Hopeing for something a little different with this one 

Thanks for looking, 

G

• Like 1

Yup correct, this is steam punk, this range of models has a very victorian, Jules Verne feel. 

DSC_0792

I'm starting now, mixing 2 part epoxy for gluing the main pieces of this solid lump of resin together, the smaller items I'll use super glue. 

Thanks for looking, 

G

So a change of plan already!! Coloured Primer, some painting, then assembly. Some parts would be tricky if not impossible to get to if I assembled then tried painting. 

DSC_0793 DSC_0794 DSC_0795 DSC_0796

Above are the most likely paints that will be used. Don't usually use much in the way of washes so I'll see how things progress. 

Thanks for looking, 

G

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ted said:

I love how busy the running gear is. Should make for some fun painting and weathering.

Thanks Ted, I don't normally worry about too much weathering cos I'm not very good at it, but I think I need to do something as its a bit too clean and blingy at the moment. 

A bit more paint to go on then I will put some more pics up before I attempt to start chucking some grubby slop about. 

G

I'm always too impatient to finish a model and don't spend the time weathering properly like the pros.

That's all new stuff for me, and more than a bit tempting! The quality of the casting and the detail are incredible. I could happily loose myself for a while painting some of these.

Tony.

Thanks guys for the kind comments. 

Pics of the model freshly painted but still in its component parts. 

DSC_0801

Then the finished model, weathered and assembled. 

Never done any weathering before so this was an experience. 

Model had a sapia wash all over to start with. 

Then some AK interactive brown earth deposit which I've had for at least 6yrs and never used. Hmmm I got a bit carried away with that stuff, a bit less would be better I think. 

I then found a Tamiya weathering stick(had for at least 12yrs) simply called MUD, yup sticky, gouy and mud like so slapped some of that on. 

I now see a Somme like diarama in the future!!! 

DSC_0802 DSC_0803 DSC_0804 DSC_0805

Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement, hope you enjoyed something a bit weird and different, thanks for looking, 

G

P. S nearly forgot

DSC_0807

Fot anybody interested this model was produced by Spartan games from the dystopian legions range. They can still be found on ebay from time to time, though competition can be hot. 

This model is an infantry support/APC, they generally measure around 4 1/2" x 3" x 2 1/2"

There are also 4 bigger models called iron clads which are twice the size and completly nuts. 

There are plenty of models in the range as infantry, HMG section, artillery, jump infantry. e. c. t

Edited by grufsnik
addition
  • Like 1