Airfix 1/48 Lightning F6

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! That is a shiny Lightning! That is GORGEOUS!

That's one of the best model Lightnings I have seen in a long while. If I didn't know better I'd claim that was die cast and chrome plated. Superb job!

And I have a real soft spot for the bare metal and white fin Lightning schemes. Stunning. :thumbsup:

The first picture took my breath away and the following pictures only reinforced the first impression. That's a truly gorgeous build. 

That's a really nice Lightning with an eye-catching paint scheme.

Love the fact that the finish is so much like polished ally that you can see the reflection of the over-wing tank in the wing itself.

Mike H

Outstanding!!!!! :clap2:  Natural metal finishes are one of the most challenging aspects of the hobby and you accomplished it flawlessly.

Congratulations!!!!!! 

Mike

3 hours ago, scottyphbeta said:

Fantastic! Which shade of Alclad did you use?

Polished aluminum and high shine aluminum. Before I painted it I masked off select panels and cut out tape masks. These masks were placed on the decal paper protective sheet. U applied and polished the Alclad black base and applied the masks. I painted Polished aluminum to within 1 final coat-removed the masks and applied 1-2 final coats ( this isn't a perfected art). This is what gave me the darker panels, albeit not quite as many as I would have liked as some of the masks pulled up.

• Thanks 1