Airfix Panther 1/76

Good test. Have you thought if it Could be interesting to try the dots with a cotton bud?

Looking at the plan view ref it might give it that round soft edge and slight varying of size?

Edited by Dansk

On 5/31/2020 at 7:27 AM, CliffB said:

Re the artwork - are we sure it's a Roy Cross (it doesn't really look like his work to me).

Cheers

The Panther artwork is by George Schule. His signature is below the exhaust pipes. He also did the Sherman and Assault gun. Those are signed.

Airfix and Craftmaster in the USA used a few artists before Roy Cross got into his stride. His first painting for Airfix was the Type three box Dornier 217

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dansk said:

Good test. Have you thought if it Could be interesting to try the dots with a cotton bud?

Looking at the plan view ref it might give it that round soft edge and slight varying of size?

I’m happy enough with a fine brush at this point. I’m using an 00. A cotton bud might be too big, I’d probably need to use a teensy bit of sponge.

49670729382_21f7ea2619_c.jpg

Weathering ( as on my Airfix tiger) will make it look a bit softer. If I go for a 1/35th version I’ll break out my new iwata :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

There is the Mk.V Panther build coming in the fall, just saying. :whistle:

Interesting. If I do go for a 1/35 Panther it’ll be much later in the year, I’ve a lot of wip I want to finish first.

• Like 1

49962925626_0ba2441d41_c.jpg
Even more spots. A little assembly, markings and weathering and it’s done.

hmm missed a bit just behind the mantle. Not to worry.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

I’ve always been skeptical of weathering products, thinking you can get the same effect with washes( which you probably can) , and bought the AK set  on a whim, but I do find it’s actually very good. I like the fact that you can apply it then work it using white spirit. Still to try it on some larger scale armour.

• Like 1

That is a real transformation of an old and tired kit! Covering the wheels with the skirts hides the suspension problem (which I've never quite understood but I think results from Airfix looking at an example in Bovingdon with collapsed suspension arms?). The ambush scheme works well.

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1