1/24 Aifix Hellcat FAA scheme

Well here she is my version of the Airfix Hellcat.  It had to be in the Fleet Air Arm scheme as my house is a solid RN only household.

I used the Airscale cockpit set, Master gun barrels, Montex Mask set, HGW seatbelts, Anyz engine dress up set and a brass and resin undercarriage.  Happy with all of that except for the cockpit set as it just isn’t that visible on the finished kit.  I have a spare set of the undercarriage as I ordered 2 by mistake if anyone wants them.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking. 

• Like 45

Terrific Hellcat, a great addition to your display case.

There is a picture of maintenance crew on Indomitable sunbathing on a Hellcat, the belly hatch is open and hinged down, I’m not sure if is fouls the tank but it might be worth having a look and attaching yours the same way..

54 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

Terrific Hellcat, a great addition to your display case.

There is a picture of maintenance crew on Indomitable sunbathing on a Hellcat, the belly hatch is open and hinged down, I’m not sure if is fouls the tank but it might be worth having a look and attaching yours the same way..

That is the plan, I forgot to put it on for the pictures. 

36 minutes ago, 85sqn said:

Absolutely superb. That Anyz set is on my hit list as well.

Have Pm'd you.

The braided cable is excellent, and a bit more forgiving than using the copper wire when it comes to fitting the pipe work with it in place.