A small Ferret

At last I have the chance to place this kit prominently in a BB: 

I present: the mighty Ferret-E:

BB entry

Three spruces , One color, A ton of decals. What could go wrong? Find out this weekend on the mighty BB1.

As it is a fantasy kit, I intend to rework it as part of an pop-culture military unit. I have a vision of it being a stealth fighter of the Cobra from the G.I Joe cartoons. This means either fun creating decals of fun creating strencils. Therefore a question to the host may I prepare the decals/stencils beforehand, or do I have to do them in the 24h as well?

• Like 1

And on the heels comes the Project at it's 2 hour mark: All the opaque parts have been liberated from the spuces and partially pimed. As you can see while I was having fun with the spray booth I also gave my "in the Navy" GB Etendard a coat of glossy black:

DSC_4721

Now I'm off to do some garden work.

• Like 4

By Sunday noon the whole plane was primed , and painted as I opted for the primer light ghost grey as the upperside colour. The lower part waas supposed to be primer white, but the opacity of the Vallejo primer white is atrocious, hence I gave it a coat of insignia white which does a much better job. 

DSC_4725

The up-

DSC_4726

a nd downside

• Like 1

I didn't make the 'other' option either and was forced to go the corona route, still well within the 24 hour timeframe (I suspect I worked around 4-6 hours on the model on each of the previous days).

By ten past one i was spraying the final coat of colour on the model which has been put together.

DSC_4728

• Like 1

Well I missed the mark but had a blast doing so. The reason for that were the decals. I did intend to put the Ferret in the colours of Cobra from G.I. Joe (an american comic about two military forces, something between cold war propaganda and a vehicle to sell toys).

for that i needed custom decals. I already prepared a sheet of them, but as I had to print them out on an inkjet printer i had to fix them after printing. unfortunately no hairspray was to be found in the house so I had to wait till Monday morning to go shopping for it. Bought the hairspray, sprayed the printed decals and let them dry. I had stuff to do which Is why I only got back to building after 21:00. I tried to put on the decals and to my horror they started dissolving. i don't know if the hairspray was not effective, or I did something wrong but out of a sheet with about two dozens decals I managed to use only four, and even two of them started to smuge one I started with the stencils from the "proper" decal sheet.

Now Italeri apparently thought: "We don't know if this plane exists or what it might look like, so let us add a ton of stencils to make it more believable" And i put them all on, but sadly finished around 0:30 on Tuesday. Nevertheless I'd like to present the result:

DSC_4732

DSC_4730

DSC_4729

DSC_4731

Edited by Marcin Kaminski
  • Like 2