Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
tiking

D9R - 'Major Overhaul' Stage 2

Recommended Posts

Ok. Here we go guys. Managed to do some very intensive building and painting over the last couple of days and this is what I've managed to put together.

 

It looks complete but it is not. I still have to include the overhead crane, a couple more extra details, corrugated sidings at both ends with some details, and a welder figure. But so far, things are looking good. What do you think?

 

 

outside_d9r_photos1-vi.jpg

 

outside_d9r_photos-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos_interior-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos_interior2-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos_interior3-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos_interior4-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos2-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos3-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos4-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos5-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos5a-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos5b-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos6-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos6a-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos7-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos7a-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos8-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos9-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos10-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos11-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos12-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos13-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos14-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos15-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos16-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos17-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos18-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos19-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos19a-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos20-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos21-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos22-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos23-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos24-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos24a-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos24b-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos25-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos25a-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos26-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos27-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos28-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos29-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photos30-vi.jpg

outside_d9r_photosA-vi.jpg

 

 

  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Beautiful work on the subtle chipping and general nastiness of a well used machine. :worthy:

Thank you kindly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd swear it's a real dozer. Your small details really impress me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do I think? I think that you're a scale model engineer, not a modeller! Absolutely outstanding eye for detail and painting/weathering skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I'd swear it's a real dozer. Your small details really impress me.

Always the best response. Thank u for that. 

11 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

What do I think? I think that you're a scale model engineer, not a modeller! Absolutely outstanding eye for detail and painting/weathering skill.

Glad you lile it and approve. Now unto stage 3 for the completion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stunning job!

 

And very nice rust*

 

* It is a bit a a weird hobby when 'very nice rust' is considered a compliment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Stunning job!

 

And very nice rust*

 

* It is a bit a a weird hobby when 'very nice rust' is considered a compliment.

Hahaha! I know what u mean. :) Appreciate the kind words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's like a very good painting where the more time you spend looking at it, you see more of the tiny details which the artist has incorporated in their work which help bring it to life.  If there is one single highpoint its the simple weathering on the forks of the pallet lift.

 

In the UK, plant or agricultural machinery will often be stolen and then stripped down to its component parts before being shipped overseas.  You haven't got a well worn shipping container just off scene have you ?

Edited by Richard E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Richard E said:

It's like a very good painting where the more time you spend looking at it, you see more of the tiny details which the artist has incorporated in their work which help bring it to life.  If there is one single highpoint its the simple weathering on the forks of the pallet lift.

 

In the UK, plant or agricultural machinery will often be stolen and then stripped down to its component parts before being shipped overseas.  You haven't got a well worn shipping container just off scene have you ?

Haha! I could have incorporated the container in the scene but unfortunately it would have been too crowded. ;) Appreciate your kind words on the pallet lift. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent vignette Charles, as always. The detail in it is superb. Nice one.

 

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Excellent vignette Charles, as always. The detail in it is superb. Nice one.

 

John.

Thank you John. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Amazing. Love the scale replica of the strapping sealer too. 

Edited by Red Five

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Amazing. Love the scale replica of the strapping sealer too. 

Thank you but please forgive my ignorance. What is a strapping sealing? I am not aware of the terminology. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is bloody brilliant. I've seen this sort of thing in real life and you have surely caught the look of it to a Tee. 👍

Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

That is bloody brilliant. I've seen this sort of thing in real life and you have surely caught the look of it to a Tee. 👍

Steve.

Thank you for that. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats a wonderful dio and exceptional work! If I were to make an observation (and I hope you don't mind) some gloss on the wet grease or some glossy oil patches on the deck would really add something  - I'm sure it would have marked its territory- my Jeep doesnt just 'cos!

 

Well done!

 

TT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Thats a wonderful dio and exceptional work! If I were to make an observation (and I hope you don't mind) some gloss on the wet grease or some glossy oil patches on the deck would really add something  - I'm sure it would have marked its territory- my Jeep doesnt just 'cos!

 

Well done!

 

TT

Thank you for your suggestion. I may consider it.  Glad you like the results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats outstanding work, looks really fantastic and a great idea to show an overhauling of a dozer, the only thing i dont like is, the hard sunlight what makes hard shadows, cloudy weather is i think more recommend, but thats your model and your decision, all in all i like your model very much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harry Callahan said:

Thats outstanding work, looks really fantastic and a great idea to show an overhauling of a dozer, the only thing i dont like is, the hard sunlight what makes hard shadows, cloudy weather is i think more recommend, but thats your model and your decision, all in all i like your model very much

Hi Harry. Thanks. Well, I could have taken as you suggested, but all we have had here is rain and very windy days. This was a remarkable day of all sun shine. So I decided to take advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem mate, anyway your dozer must have an award, so many details, so great painting job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

No problem mate, anyway your dozer must have an award, so many details, so great painting job.

Thanks for the upliftment. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tiking said:

Thank you but please forgive my ignorance. What is a strapping sealing? I am not aware of the terminology. 

The little tool that looks like bolt cutters to me (a person that sells them) like a sealing tool to seal strapping you use on pallets etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's absolutely spot on.It reminds me of my days as a quarryman,but without the liberal distribution of scrap iron,welding and cutting slag and the accumulation of dust,grease and general sxxt everywhere.Top marks for this one old chum :thumbsup: :speak_cool: :goodjob: .Have a few of these too,they're free :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red Five said:

The little tool that looks like bolt cutters to me (a person that sells them) like a sealing tool to seal strapping you use on pallets etc. 

Ok. Gotta it. Thanks. Don't think that's what is is exactly. Yoy are referring to the tool lying on the tracks, right? 

2 hours ago, Alex Gordon said:

That's absolutely spot on.It reminds me of my days as a quarryman,but without the liberal distribution of scrap iron,welding and cutting slag and the accumulation of dust,grease and general sxxt everywhere.Top marks for this one old chum :thumbsup: :speak_cool: :goodjob: .Have a few of these too,they're free :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:.

Haha! Thsnks man! Appreciate the love. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...