Beaufighter interior

Micko

Hi everyone!

just got accepted in and thanks to all! Excited to get advice and tips and look forward to great discussions 

I’m currently in a beaufighter build - 1/32 revel and Interior features are pretty lame to say the least. I have a model monkeys pilot cockpit and  entrance/radio Resin section which has loads of detail and features but am now onto the observer/radio operators area and I’m looking for photos and details to help scratch build up this area (as assume no kits exist) including so I can open up the access hatch and the observer Perspex any info and details would be much appreciated 

thanks in advance

• Like 1

:welcome: aboard Micko - good to have you here :)

you might get more luck posting the Beau question in the relevant section of the aviation area - I doubt many people come to New Members to answer questions ;)

3 minutes ago, Micko said:

Thanks I just realized that after I did, trying to learn all the bits and pieces on the tech ops!

cheers

Don't worry about it too much - everyone's new at some point, even me! :)

Hi Micko

welcome aboard. The Beau is not a bad kit for its age. Just sparse on details. Look forward to seeing you on here. 
I have always found the folks here very helpful. They are a real fountain of knowledge. 
John

I'm waiting for Model-Monkey.com to tackle the observer's cockpit.

Failing that, I'm going to use the 1/48 Tamiya and Revell kits as a basis — bearing in mind you're probably modelling a night-fighter where the rear Radar/Navigator employed either the

a/ AI Mk.IV radar scope (bow and arrow type external aerials) which was mounted at the rear of his office so he faced looking backwards; or

b/ the AI.Mk.VIII (thimble nose) where the radar scope was on the right side of the rear office, above the r/h console. His seat could swivel through 360° and could be locked in place. 

In the early NFs there wasn't really much of a panel in the fwd-facing mode. The observer had access to the 20mm cannon and could load new ammo boxes. Later, that was done automatically and the space taken up with more black boxes and some instruments. The Revell kit is a complete fiction.

Option three is to wait for the Infinity Models 1/32 Beaufighter. It's a bit down their list, so might be a few years down the road — but probably worth waiting for.

Tony 

The kit i have is the night fighter, but I’m doing a fair amount of changes and trying to bring it up to mkV stats. I’ve already started mine so the Infinity kit is out! The model monkey interior is pretty great in my opinion! Have already finished that, also got their dihedral tailplane kit upgrade as well. If i could figure out how to uploads pics here, I’d put some up. Still trying to figure that out it only allows he to upload from URL? 

7 minutes ago, Micko said:

The kit i have is the night fighter, but I’m doing a fair amount of changes and trying to bring it up to mkV stats. I’ve already started mine so the Infinity kit is out! The model monkey interior is pretty great in my opinion! Have already finished that, also got their dihedral tailplane kit upgrade as well. If i could figure out how to uploads pics here, I’d put some up. Still trying to figure that out it only allows he to upload from URL? 

You will need to use a photo hosting site, like Flickr, Imgur, etc, to post pictures here.

Chris

Here we go!

Beaufighter

Beaufighter

49921311967_23bed9ff26_b.jpg

Also, have seen a few variations- the heating tube that runs down starboard side of cockpit - model monkey have it as black but have seen others as silver but have seen one interior cockpit shot from actual aircraft as dirty white as it was supposed to be asbestos covered

anyone have anything more to add?

• Like 1

Micko,

Welcome aboard and a great place to be. I too have the Revell Beaufighter and have stared at it for a vast number of years wondering what to do with the interior. When I get to that point in a future build I'll be posting in the aircraft build. So again welcome. I'm located south in the state of New Mexico.

All The Best

Ron VanDerwarker

Hey thanks!

pilot station is easy, observers a little more difficult 

have now finished model monkeys cockpit few little adds with throttle and fuel levers just waiting on instrument decals and moving on🤞🏻

oh and harnesses too

its my first aircraft back after loooonnnnngggg break so rusty 

49921328267_b78fb9ecbe_b.jpg

49921029876_59bf756272_b.jpg

49920514683_8c066d04d6_b.jpg

• Like 2