TU-128 Trumpeter 1/72

Lovely model of a stunningly beautiful aircraft. I am about to build one of these having recently read the Foothill book. Great aircraft!

Cheers

Malcolm

@docjojo That's a great looking 'Fiddler' :) Brilliant finish and very neat job overall. You don't happen to have build thread about this, do you? I have the same kit in the stash and I'm not very familiar with the possible corrections needed...

Really nice job. I wrestled an Amodel version to the ground several years ago and it generated a lot of interest because almost nobody else managed to finish one. I hope yours was a lot easier.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234914842-tupolev-tu-128-a-model-172-scale/

John

WOW!!!!!!  The results are perfect especially with the natural metal / silver finish of the aircraft.  If I did not know better, I would be convinced that this is an actual Tu-128.  You have mastered the complex nature of an unpainted aircraft.  It looks great!!!!! :goodjob: 

Mike

That is an absolute cracker.  Such a beast of an aircraft - your finish is superb.  Well worth the effort - I bet it looks fantastic on display.

5 hours ago, reini said:

You don't happen to have build thread about this, do you? I have the same kit in the stash and I'm not very familiar with the possible corrections needed

hi Reini,

I'm sorry but actually i didn't do a build thread about this kit. The corrections are not numerous, it is necessary to change the handle of the pilot who does not have the good form and removed that on the back, the radarist don't have it. If you can replace the seat of the kit by the Neomega Resin KT1M and the nozzles, for my kit i take the RES-IM it's a good thing but not necessary for make a nice model.

Like the kit is not a M we have to put a long antenna on the side of the fuselage on the left and there are no missile guide rails on the pylons luckily we find all the elements on the Eduard Photoetched set.

These are the most visible elements to replace.

Thank you all for your comments.

Regards

Joel

• Like 1

• 2 months later...