Junkers Ju-86 Airliner - LAN Chile - Modified Italeri 1/72 kit

20 minutes ago, Graeme H said:

Followed the build most of the way until distracted by GB deadlines, great to see her out in the sunshine, another outstanding build 

Thanks, Graeme!

Once the decals arrive, VH-UYA, the Australian companion, will be completed too.

A truly beautiful build, Moa...and I had no idea of this beautiful classic airliner beauty. Really good attention to the detail, and your dedication to the skill of patience has really paid off. Great photos, too. ALL of the photos lend for enhancing such a great subject. Nice, nice job. 

• Thanks 1

Wonderful model, and although it's been said beautiful sunlit photography! The shadows look so prototypical, it is a world away from the photo booth. Thank you for a glimpse of what a shiny new ju- 86 on the ramp at sunset looks like in all its authentic glory, not something we can see in real life after all but this is dang close.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

A truly beautiful build, Moa...and I had no idea of this beautiful classic airliner beauty. Really good attention to the detail, and your dedication to the skill of patience has really paid off. Great photos, too. ALL of the photos lend for enhancing such a great subject. Nice, nice job. 

You are very nice, thanks for those kind words.

3 hours ago, Bangseat said:

Wonderful model, and although it's been said beautiful sunlit photography! The shadows look so prototypical, it is a world away from the photo booth. Thank you for a glimpse of what a shiny new ju- 86 on the ramp at sunset looks like in all its authentic glory, not something we can see in real life after all but this is dang close.

Thanks Bangseat.

I switched from indoors to outdoors precisely for that reason, the shadows the model occasionally cast enhance some times its silhouette, adding an extra layer of interest, that you don't even consciously register.

Cheers

Beautiful Work Sensei Moa!  Your photo images are spectacular!  My outdoor view is not as nice here in the Wastelands of the Inland Empire, but your images have inspired me to attempt photos with the nearby hills in the distance. . . . .

Bill

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Jeddahbill said:

Beautiful Work Sensei Moa!  Your photo images are spectacular!  My outdoor view is not as nice here in the Wastelands of the Inland Empire, but your images have inspired me to attempt photos with the nearby hills in the distance. . . . .

Bill

Thanks Bill

Looking forward to see those photos with the local ambience!

47 minutes ago, Alejandro Martinez Colombres said:

Impressive , Moa. The end result looks like if Tamiya had released a kit of this very plane + your craftmanship. Congrats!

Alejandro.

Thanks, Alejandro, the compliment is I am afraid several sizes bigger than what I could wear, but of course welcome anyway.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Vulcanicity said:

That's gorgeous as per usual Moa! The sunset shots in particular look like period photos of the real thing, and I am in awe of your interiors...

Thanks a lot!

Interiors are like the souls of models.

Even when, as the Little Prince -created by an aviator- famously said: "the essential is invisible to the eye".

• Like 1

Hello Moa,

Never knew that this model was active in South America.

Excellent construction. Thanks for sharing.

Regards, Orion.

• Thanks 1