Junkers Ju-86 Airliner - LAN Chile - Modified Italeri 1/72 kit

6 hours ago, woody37 said:

Thoroughly enjoyable build to follow and beautiful finish. Those sunset photos are superb, really captures the magic of these early airliners :)

Thanks Woody37

It was not easy at times, but fortunately things ended well.

The shape of the plane has something of a fish or stylized marine mammal to it, a sort of stretched dolphin, giving the sensation of low drag.

5 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Moa my friend..........I am running out of adjectives to adequately describe your continuing series of masterpieces.  OK, how about, “It`s beautiful!!!!!!!!” ????  

Outstanding yet agin!!!!! :worthy:

Best regards from an always cloudy North-East Ohio 😉

Mike

Thanks a bunch, Mike

You made me laugh!

Cheers

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Its another beauty from the Moa workshop. Yet again, it is great to see something different ;). Nicely done. 

Martin

Thanks, Martin!

To out great fortune the aviation realm is so vast, that we can keep finding strange, exceptional, odd, funny subjects, as long as we care for.

Expanding the limits of our knowledge and interests through these lesser-know types (or known types in lesser-known guises) brings refreshing air to the hobby.

Cheers

43 minutes ago, Viking said:

Lovely looking airliner, well worth all the work you put into it. I too like these unusual subjects for modelling and always enjoy your posts.

Those sunset photos are simply stunning.

Cheers

John

Thanks, John!

Always nice to find a fellow modeler that also appreciates other aspects of the hobby!

Cheers

Just now, Moa said:

Thanks, Martin!

To out great fortune the aviation realm is so vast, that we can keep finding strange, exceptional, odd, funny subjects, as long as we care for.

Expanding the limits of our knowledge and interests through these lesser-know types (or known types in lesser-known guises) brings refreshing air to the hobby.

Cheers

My sentiments exactly, Claudio :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Moa: first-rate work on this, and of course the shots are outstanding!  Ah, California by the coast.  What did you use as a clear-coat?  Forgive me if you explained elsewhere.  

Thanks!

I have been using different brands of the arch-known and widely used acrylic floor polish for the last decades, and the shine and transparency is still holding.

I started with the ubiquitous "Future", but then formulas changed, brands went down and others came, etc.

As we all know happens with "progress" in general, every time things changed, they were just a bit less optimal than the original.

I am using at the moment Pledge Floor Care.

I have also bought a few "new" clear coats (of the so-called water-based types) of different brands, among them Alclad Aqua Gloss Clear and some Japanese stuff whose name I don't recall, but didn't have the nerve to try them yet.

• Thanks 1

My goodness, Claudio- that is a gorgeous model and the photographs just  add to the effect! Soooo much better looking than the military versions....too bad neither American nor Eastern AL bought them- I can just imagine the Junkers in either livery! (Hmmmm...having said that, what an intriguing possibility for a what-if!) Keep 'em coming- I have learned a lot about modeling from the WIP on both of your Ju's; thanks for sharing your skills. :like:

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling
  • Thanks 1

This is again a work of art with photography to match. I just love the passenger aircrafts you build from this older era. I never like having to fly in today's modern contraptions, but every time I see your photos I get the feeling of wanting to be present there, with exciting traveling ahead...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

My goodness, Claudio- that is a gorgeous model and the photographs just  add to the effect! Soooo much better looking than the military versions....too bad neither American or Eastern AL bought them- I can just imagine the Junkers in either livery! (Hmmmm...having said that, what an intriguing possibility for a what-if!) Keep 'em coming- I have learned a lot about modeling from the WIP on both of your Ju's; thanks for sharing your skills. :like:

Mike

You are extremely kind, Mike.

It is always a pleasure to share and to learn from what I see here, since the hobby by nature restricts the building activity to our boards; but then our models take off, fly, roll, sail, rocket away to other skies and for other eyes to see.

That makes the hobby so much more enjoyable.

7 minutes ago, Bengalensis said:

This is again a work of art with photography to match. I just love the passenger aircrafts you build from this older era. I never like having to fly in today's modern contraptions, but every time I see your photos I get the feeling of wanting to be present there, with exciting traveling ahead...

You are too kind, Jörgen.

As I research old photos of airfields for my diorama for the Junkers F.13 I am also building, I fall in love with those small, almost mom and pop facilities, with their little sheds, barn-hangars, a few tea and sandwich tables in front of a mere open wood logs fence, the flowers beds, the grass and some trees in the distance.

So magical, so evocative...

• Like 2

Another beautiful airliner Moa! Also great to see it in the more unusual colours of LAN Chile, rather than LuftHansa or SwissAir.

Peter

• Thanks 1

Hi Moa,

As always a superb build but those seats don't look too comfy!

I didn't know this airliner existed, as was previously mentioned it's so much prettier than the bomber version and those sunset shots, awesome! Just like the real thing especially the first one.

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dolphin38 said:

Wonderful looking model, I love following the stories of your builds even when the subject of the build is not of great interest to me. great job

keep em coming :worthy::thumbsup:

Thanks for your kindness, Dolphin38.

Long ago I just wanted to build the darn kit. In recent years, I discovered the joys of research, historical context and function.

It adds to the mix, no doubt.

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Moa,

As always a superb build but those seats don't look too comfy!

I didn't know this airliner existed, as was previously mentioned it's so much prettier than the bomber version and those sunset shots, awesome! Just like the real thing especially the first one.

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks, Ian.

I may argue that a 1/1 scale full grown man like you will feel uncomfortable in ANY 1/72nd seat!

Cheers

53 minutes ago, Getting Old said:

Very nice work and pics :like:

You are very kind, thanks!

I had a lot of fun taking those pictures.

During the sunset shots it was blowing a stiff wind, and the board almost flipped with the model on it!

That flight would have been very short, and the subsequent emergency landing would have been hard!

• Like 1