Aircrew Required

Lewis95

Hi all, 

I'm looking for something that I thought would be simple.... aircrew! In-flight aircrew to be precise! 

My first model in over 15 years was a Vampire T.11/T.22 and I decided to use both the figures in the box for the cockpit. My main reason being that I was building it with the gear up and it had to look just right. Even though I'll be mostly building my aircraft with the gear down, I feel much more satisfied when I have a crew inside. It adds so much more than I can describe for me as a modeller. The problem being, I cannot find any generic figures for use in 1/72 scale. 

With a project coming up that will involve no less than 9 crew and a hell of a lot of clear parts. The cockpit interior is beautifully captivating and I feel that it simply needs to be populated to bring the airframe to life. I did try searching and posting on modelling groups but no luck so far to find a more permanent solution. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Regards

Lewis

• Lewis95 changed the title to Aircrew Required
10 minutes ago, Blimpyboy said:

You know, I’ve always wondered why nobody makes figures of back-seaters (or passengers) using air sickness bags?

🤔 

It would be a pretty badass aftermarket. I always find more character in a build when there's "people" inside. Sometimes, just adding a hidden detail that only I as the builder know is there is almost exhilarating. In an ideal world, a bomber kit would come with crew members .... 

6 minutes ago, 72nd SQN said:

PJ Models do some Flight crew and I think Preiser do a range of Train and Airport passengers ?

Pricey but interesting. Will definitely be bearing them in mind and I've got to admit, the SAR crew is a tad on the inspiring side! Have you ever used them?

Preiser makes aircrew and passengers as well as others (infantry, tank crew, civilians, etc.; even farm animals) in 1/72, many of which can be adapted. See here for a comprehensive listing. Note that there are 3 pages: https://www.reynaulds.com/catalog/dept_366.aspx

Not sure I should chip in here as it's the wrong scale but I'm happy to say that I've tried Preiser fugures (unpainted) in 1/144 scale and found them to be excellent.

If their 1/72 figgies are as good as 1/144 then give them a try!

PtTNTF5.jpg

bnmDwas.jpg