Boeing 737-800 Royal Thai Air Force - Zvezda 1/144 with Siam Scale decals

Boeing 737-800 Royal Thai Air Force

Zvezda 1/144 with Siam Scale decals

Lockdown is really helping me finish the 'nearly completed' builds on my bench. This one has been waiting since March for all the aerials to be fitted.

It is the Zvezda Boeing 737-800 done with the Siam Scale decals for the Royal Thai Air Force, rather than the boring 'UT' scheme the kit comes with.

Lovely kit, decals were very good and easy to work with, though I added some Daco 737 windows on top of the kit ones, as they lacked the silver frames.

rtaf7.jpg

rtaf2.jpg

rtaf3.jpg

rtaf4.jpg

rtaf1.jpg

rtaf6.jpg

Did you spot the interloper on the first photo? I couldn't help but add in 'Miniwings plastics' 1/144 Bird Dog in RTAF colours. A nice little kit entirely moulded in clear plastic.

rtaf5.jpg

A few pics of it on its own:

rtaf8.jpg

rtaf9.jpg

rtaf10.jpg

rtaf11.jpg

rtaf12.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Hi John,

That's a really classy livery isn't it? And, as usual, excellently executed!

The Bird Dog is small in 1/72 it seems minute compared to the 737 in 1/144, that build must have really taxed your eyesight! Do Miniwings do any civil 1/144 GA aircraft?

Superb, both of them.

Cheers,

Ian

Very nice work as always John. That is definitely one of the more attractive air force liveries. The Bird Dog is cute and must have been a fun build. I don't think my eyesight would be up to it nowadays - the F-RSIN Trislander is about as small as I can manage!

All the best

Dave G

Hi John! LOVE this build! Wow! The Thai Air Force livery is absolutely stunning. Didn’t even know this existed! Lends to making the 737 really look beautiful, as she is. Nice, nice job on something unusual and eye catching. Thanks for sharing. And the Bird Dog...have to agree as was said previously...it almost steals the show...but not quite...a cracking build on its own. :like: