Fujimi 1/24 Porsche 911 Turbo ' 85

Hi there, so this is the first Fujimi kit I've built and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Some of the parts sprues were a bit ropey lots of flash and a lack of detail, but overall not to bad at all. Primed with mr surfacer 1500 gray and painted with zero paints Guards Red I'm happy with the end result. Having built car kits from a few different manufacturers now and based on my own experiences, my top three in order would be Tamiya, Fujimi and Hasegawa. 

Thanks for looking 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks again for viewing back soon 🙂

• Like 15

Great job of the best 80's supercar . I was at school back then and I cherished my Autocar magazine road test of one , in Guards Red . 0 to 60 in 5.1seconds , 162 mph top speed . I love this car! 

Gary . 

17 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

Great job of the best 80's supercar . I was at school back then and I cherished my Autocar magazine road test of one , in Guards Red . 0 to 60 in 5.1seconds , 162 mph top speed . I love this car! 

Gary . 

Thanks Gary, I must admit I never tire of seeing this car and when it came to choosing a colour it just had to be Guards Red 🙂

• Like 1

That looks great, Andy, and you’re right, there’s no choice for the colour for an 80s Turbo, is there? Great finish and details, and the wheels are boss. Oddly, the 85 Turbo seems to be one of the Fujimi EM 911s I don’t have... I’d hate to have to play “Spot the difference” with the ‘76 I do, though!

best,

M.

Great looking model, and once again you've demonstrated your knack for getting a superb shine on the paintwork. Got to love the '80s 911, as that was the time of my formative years that's the one I always think of as the 'proper' 911, particularly with that whale-tail spoiler.

I hope you won't mind me making a suggestion, but running a small brush with mat or silk clear over those window rubbers really make the car look real.

5 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

That looks great, Andy, and you’re right, there’s no choice for the colour for an 89s Turbo, is there? Great finish and details, and the wheels are boss. Oddly, the 85 Turbo seems to be one of the Fujimi EM 911s I don’t have... I’d hate to have to play “Spot the difference” with the ‘76 I do, though!

best,

M.

Thanks M, as this is the first ( but definitely not the last ) fujimi kit ive built I couldn't really comment on the different versions. However there were a lot of parts not used in the kit when finished so I would assume that the base kit is the same with just minor changes ( spare parts ) used for the other versions. 

9 minutes ago, Spiny said:

I hope you won't mind me making a suggestion, but running a small brush with mat or silk clear over those window rubbers really make the car look real.

I don't mind at all my friend ,any suggestions that can improve my modeling I will gladly take on board. Thank you that's a good idea and one I will be trying out very soon 🙂

• Like 1

That is a nice car and a great model. I agree with what’s suggested above on the window rubbers and bumper rubbers as this would take it to another level of realism.

i don’t do cars but now I want to have a go.

• Thanks 1

Really great 911 did you build, the 911 is an icon in the automobile world, and my absolute dream car, if i win in lottery the first act is to buy an old 911 ( 964 or 993 ) and at second act i buy a new dress for my wife🙃😝😉😆🤣

If you paint the window frames and rubber parts of bumper in flat black next time, it would be looking much better and more reaslism.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, speedy said:

That is a nice car and a great model. I agree with what’s suggested above on the window rubbers and bumper rubbers as this would take it to another level of realism.

i don’t do cars but now I want to have a go.

Thanks speedy, the point about the matt finish on the trim parts has been noted and having compared the fujimi kit with the tamiya one below which I built a while ago which has a matt trim finish I agree 100% 🙂

spacer.png

Matt trim from now on methinks 🙂

• Like 2