Saturn 1B from Dragon Models

Mick4350

• 1 year later...

That's about $76 US.  It means I'm going to have to be more selective regarding the kits I buy; i.e. I gotta really want it to pay the price. Saying this in jest, but could this signal the end of the model kit "stash" era?

• Like 1

FWIW, my usual go-tos Hannants and Models2U have it up for £89.99, both offering 10% off the retail price

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/DN11022

https://www.models2u.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p16610_Apollo-Saturn-IB.html

The latter is saying "Due Late 2021", but guess it's tough to predict with shipping as it is right now!

19 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

I did a bit of internet digging and, found one UK outlet quoting a price of £97(that's $130 US).

That's way out of my league.

I simply won't pay that sort of price. Others will probably think its reasonable. That's fair enough and, it's their prerogative.

"I've got to really want" is becoming my mantra!! 😉😂. So, I totally agree with you on that.

I rarely buy new tooled items now anyway as, costs are becoming prohibitive.

Most of my purchases are now second hand kits. Having seen the large price hikes already from Airfix and, Revell, they won't be getting much of my money this year. I know they wont be the only ones hiking prices.

Actually, I already have an old Airfix Saturn IB. It'll do me! 😉.

As for being selective, I always go for a cheaper alternative if available!

John

You should move to New Zealand  Airfix Victor's and Vulcan 's sell here for the equivalent of £ 90 !

• Like 2

On 09/11/2021 at 11:48, Beermonster1958 said:

Ouch!! 😲!

Well, the Airfix Vulcan and Victor kits are unaffordable for me even at UK prices (about £60).

That's why I bought the Revell Victor and, 1983 Airfix Vulcan instead!!

Airfix prices seem to have jumped by about 20-25% compared to about 12 months ago,based on the examples I've looked at.

They're not alone of course.

I'd rather like the big Saturn 1B though. It tends to be a bit overshadowed by its bigger brother but, I have the Airfix kit at least! 😊

Hmm - not just Airfix prices. Revell too and I was quite shocked at the prices asked for some kits made in the Ukraine 😞

Wonder if Dragon will fix any of the known issues on the Saturn V kit for this release. I guess not...

6 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Wonder if Dragon will fix any of the known issues on the Saturn V kit for this release. I guess not...

Would there be any part of the original kit remaining if they decided to fix it …?

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the bump with no update. 🙏

Just thought of this one today.  Sadly as the original release date is now two years past going to have to guess that it will never see the light of day.

Second time Dragon has done this to me now after the 1/700 CVN-65 1969 Enterprise kit they also announced and started pre-orders for then never released.  

• Like 1