Sd.Kfz. 231 8-Rad (First to Fight 1/72)

I'm really, really, glad you did this in a proper panzer grey. I'm fed up seeing faded light grey, which I think is so wrong.  WWII colour photography always shows it as dark grey as I believe do historic paint samples.

Panzer Grey was very dark, if anything darker than the model.  One problem with using it for painting a model is that it is so dark that details are lost and it appears wrong.  Perhaps we should be thinking in terms of scale colour here, but I think they look lighter in all but parade condition because of dust.   In wartime, military vehicles did not remain and were not kept as clean and shiny as aircraft.

Edited by Graham Boak
  • Like 1

I've been enjoying a bit of braille-scale recently so can really appreciate the quality of this one - very, very nice!

Good to see tastefully restrained and beautifully applied weathering as well - some of mine look a bit too mucky once the lens is on them!

• 2 weeks later...

HI Rav,

That's really nice. I haven't bought any First to Fight kits, but based on the look of this I'm going to have to invest. Great job, love the finish.

All the best

John