Morane Saulnier MS 406 C1 (HobbyBoss 1/72)

Very Nice, Rav!    I really love the MS 406, because there are so many interesting paint schemes one can apply.   I have 4 Hobby Boss 406s completed, 3 French, One Finnish.   Working on a 5th one right now in Vichy colors.....

What decal set did you use?

4 minutes ago, S. Uehlinger said:

What decal set did you use?

This is Techmod set. I have modified the Polish insignia with transparent red paint on the red squares.

Edited by rav

Very nice result, especially the painting job.

BTW - do you consider HB kit the best one Morane 406 on market?

Regards

J-W

20 minutes ago, JWM said:

Very nice result, especially the painting job.

Thank you! You are much more forgiving than our colleagues on the other forums...

20 minutes ago, JWM said:

do you consider HB kit the best one Morane 406 on market?

Definitely not. Actually it was the worst I had on my stash when I grabbed it to build. The others are two RS Models and one AZ Models. HB has simple cockpit with a canopy lacking its frames (I used Techmod mask to paint them but the result is not perfect). It also had no bands along the wing chord. I chose the HB kit just because I wanted to test Hataka paint set for French aircraft and to train my freehand painting skills. HB is good enough for such tests.

• Like 1

RAV,

Very nice Morane using  what sounds like a less than stellar kit! I have the RS Model, Heller, and Hasegawa kits and I've yet to get them all out to make a comparison. Anybody have thoughts about which is the best one in 1/72 scale?

Mike