Fantasy of Flight, Polk City Florida May 2002

Great pics again, I particularly noticed that racked bank of aero engines! Nice to see all these types and the planes being maintained/refurbed. Oh for a few £million and an airworthy warbird! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parabat said:

Great pics again, I particularly noticed that racked bank of aero engines! Nice to see all these types and the planes being maintained/refurbed. Oh for a few £million and an airworthy warbird! 

Thanks Parabat. If you liked the engines, how about the propellers? Keep buying the lottery ticket!🤣

4cd136f2-03bf-4185-aaf1-ed3cb1a015d7.jpg

1 hour ago, Paul Bradley said:

Nice set! a shame to see Beachcomber stuffed in a hangar rather than in the air, but at least she's still around....

What's the fuselage in the first photo? Some sort of Russian biplane trainer? 

Thanks Paul. The fuselage is a N3N "Canary" built by the Naval Aircraft Factory at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

cd748372-187a-43e4-a2ed-e31fc1619a87.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

Right basic type; wrong country! 🤣 

I didn't have a clue, but fortunately the second picture posted had a label showing!😁

15 hours ago, canberraman said:

That looks an interesting collection from a museum I was unaware of until now. I do like the Liberator and the Connie!

Mark

I checked the museum website, and they are still operating, although temporarily closed due to Covid-19. Thete was a well-stocked shop where I bought a signed copy of Col. Paul Tibbets book "Return of the Enola Gay".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice photos of a very interesting collection. Its a bit different to when I visited back in 2001 the day before 9/11!!!   I went on a tour of the back lot too and could see a feast of rare types in varying states.   The Connie wasn't there at the time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tonyot said:

Great museum,....... been a couple of times and such a shame that it was closed to the public. 

Certainly better than Disney World! I hadn't realised that it had closed to the public. 

4 hours ago, Paul J said:

Nice photos of a very interesting collection. Its a bit different to when I visited back in 2001 the day before 9/11!!!   I went on a tour of the back lot too and could see a feast of rare types in varying states.   The Connie wasn't there at the time. 

Thanks Paul. I really enjoyed the back lot tour as well. It was wonderful to be able to walk under the Liberator and Connie due to the lack of barriers!

• Like 1