Hello everyone... Well this is me venturing into another realm of things to do. SWMBO is an avid gardener and has her own Gnome, I decided Id like one of my one for our garden. When choosing i thought about it and being a HUGE Pink Floyd Fan decided that I would go with the desciption of Grimble Crumble.  Im not good at larger figures as the skin tones and eyes always allude me.

gOmZCkW.jpg

pb3nNq4.jpg

5dHPeM9.jpg

Apparently its a Leprechaun Gnome, and I will be using the description in Pink Floyds song “The Gnome” from “The Piper at the Gates of Dawn.”FYYLuQM.jpg

Im happily accepting help for this as I'm a noob to larger figures. 25mm figures I've done for years but they're so small I don't do eyes. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts.

Dennis

• Like 7

Well this is sure something different,I myself have a few scattered round the garden already painted,that I have to touch up,as they fade,my thing is frogs I just love them,so many lost count and when it rains the real ones come out singing to mine scattered round the garden(dare say they get frustrated when they meet up),Look forward to your progress.P.S I want to be a gnome Eating,drinking wine and sleeping my kind of life,and here I thought they just sat around the garden.

Cheers Jim

Edited by Mike
Removing monster photo quote
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

That's an interesting project, Dennis :thumbsup:  I've never painted figures this big myself, but up to 1/9 busts I have. My first tips would be:

- black base coat, overall

- dark brown base coat for the skin tones

- paint the eyes, then the rest of the face. With this big of a figure, you can really go ballistic with eyes and add a lot of details and nuances. If you want me to expand on that, just ask - I'd be happy if I can be of any help

Ciao

• Thanks 1

It might also be a idea to give the whole figure a coat or two of diluted PVA glue to seal the surface of the plaster to stop paint being absorbed an an uneven rate and to give a smoother painting surface.

Looking forward to watching this one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I go to the Hobby shop this weekend.

Stay safe Dennis. There are a lot of morons out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Evening everybody... Well the next stage is done with Grimble, apologies for delays as I didn't have a good Blue or green to achieve “the blue green hood”. vTQ07yd.jpg

LHkZqTE.jpg

Pv7QYd3.jpg

daz01Iz.jpg

Im considering giving him some tartan pants but not sure, Maybe I’ll just stick with the Green ? If you have any thoughts for that please go ahead and voice them ? Feel free to ask questions and post comments. 

Dennis

• Like 4