Revell 1/48 Mosquito

Hi all,   I did a final bit of work on mossie last night  - putting a few flat brush coats on the 500lbs  then they were glued in place.

This basically  brings the build to a close - I will take better pics when I have cleared up some space, but these I can show for now.

Thank you all for looking 👍spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,   just update  "Dio alert - Dio alert"    I have had some bits sent to me  -  that allows me to do a diorama,   they consist of a set of RAF figures with some equipment,   an excellent base  part grass-part slabs,   and a jeep with trailor.

I have decided to start with the trailor  - constructing its chasis first, followed by some washes and high lighting.spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

Just to expalin again incase I wasn't very clear  - I am making this into an airfield  dio  inlcuding  a jeep with trailor, some figures and equipment  and sat on a rather nice part mock grass  -  and slabs, I have started building the jeep first.

Here is some more progress with the jeeps body  - I have built it up added all the fittings  and started painting it in RAF Blue/Grey.

And a dry fit.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

All looks really good 👍 well done.

I have the same Mosquito kit in the stash but have yet to start it. There has been quite a bit of negative press about the fit of the components. How did you find it? 

Cheers Greg

12 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

All looks really good 👍 well done.

I have the same Mosquito kit in the stash but have yet to start it. There has been quite a bit of negative press about the fit of the components. How did you find it? 

Cheers Greg

The  main areas  with mine  - was  the engine nacalles  mainly the fronts where they meet the wings  (some strange gaps and a lot of fettling to get them to fit)    and the fuselage  fit  with the cockpit parts inside, this needs a lot of filing  down the edges and constant test fitting before comitting to close up the the two sides.

The main under carriage is difficult  as its both two short  and difficult to fit inside when assembled  - I got round this by adding some wood strip inside the u/c bay  about 2/3mm  under where the main legs fronts sit, and also  sanding down the  sides of the legs (where the oil tanks are)  this helped them fit inside the u/c  bays.

It is a kit that needs a lot (A lot)  of patience  and time to keep chaecking everything  - even the cockpit canopy is fiddly and needs care when putting together  - but it is well worth it  when it goes well.

• Thanks 1

More progress  - I have finished the jeep and trailor  and have put mossie and jeep  dry fitted on my dio board to get a feel for how they will look.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ERK said:

The  main areas  with mine  - was  the engine nacalles  mainly the fronts where they meet the wings  (some strange gaps and a lot of fettling to get them to fit)    and the fuselage  fit  with the cockpit parts inside, this needs a lot of filing  down the edges and constant test fitting before comitting to close up the the two sides.

The main under carriage is difficult  as its both two short  and difficult to fit inside when assembled  - I got round this by adding some wood strip inside the u/c bay  about 2/3mm  under where the main legs fronts sit, and also  sanding down the  sides of the legs (where the oil tanks are)  this helped them fit inside the u/c  bays.

It is a kit that needs a lot (A lot)  of patience  and time to keep chaecking everything  - even the cockpit canopy is fiddly and needs care when putting together  - but it is well worth it  when it goes well.

Thanks for letting me know the areas to look out for when I get round to building mine.

Your kit looks really good 👍 especially with the jeep, and base. Are you going to add figures? 

Cheers Greg

7 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Thanks for letting me know the areas to look out for when I get round to building mine.

Your kit looks really good 👍 especially with the jeep, and base. Are you going to add figures? 

Cheers Greg

Yep  there is plenty more to go with the Dio yet   - watch this space.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am still working on this  - I  did say I was working on a Dio for my Mossie  and I still am, I slowly working through the bits and pieces I am putting in my dio, so far I have completed a jeep with trailor  and 3/4  finished on a tractor.

So  as I explained above  - I am currently working on all the bits that will make up my Mossie Dio,  they will (when finished)  consist of  Jeep and trailor, a tractor,  a generator, an oil pump, some other odds and ends  and some figures.

Here are what I have assembled so far.

ERK.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Looking good 👍

Are these the Eduard RAF figures you are using?

Cheers Greg

Its the ICM  set   - figures and some equipment, got them with the vehicles.

E.

• Like 1