RAF number / letter decals

bar side

Hi I am after some advice.  I am looking for RAF 18” numbers / letters in black but post war.  There are a few on eBay that look about right but there are at least two types of the number 2 and most suppliers seem to be in the US.  US numbers are too blocky.  Now a quick work out says the numbers / letters should be around 9.5mm.  So scale not critical, it’s font & size.  Anyone know of a supplier, distributor etc or is it going to be print my own.  If so what is the RAF font?

thanks in anticipation

10 hours ago, bar side said:

Cheers guy - both sent the same xtradecal sheet!  Yes, letter & number shape looks right.  Think that would work.  

Happy to be able to help. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Giorgio N said:

It's also worth checking Fantasy Printshop

I'm fairly sure they do a 1/48 18" RAF sheet from memory of trawling their site for something similar. I've also ordered from them quite a few times and their service is very good, would have no hesitation in recommending them. You can also gauge the quality you'll be getting by the companies they print decals for.

Mark.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

I'm fairly sure they do a 1/48 18" RAF sheet from memory of trawling their site for something similar. I've also ordered from them quite a few times and their service is very good, would have no hesitation in recommending them. You can also gauge the quality you'll be getting by the companies they print decals for.

Mark.

I think Mark is referring to this sheet

Also agreeing with his positive comments about Fantasy Printshop - highly recommended here.

• Like 2

Rather than messing about with decal sheets, downoad RAF_PW_ATH font (look it up in a search engine - there are free downlaods), buy some clear decal sheet, a pot of Microscale Liquid Decal film (to seal the printed letters) and you can have literally any size serial numbers you want.

It's how I printed these, which were 28.5mm tall (try finding a sheet with letters that size):

resized_25277977-0699-4199-b015-bd4a1f33

• Like 2

Thanks @Nigel Bunker the font will be useful.  I must get some clear decal sheet as I occasionally have a go at scratch building things and as there is likely no kit in that scale I end up scavenging decals for the leftovers box.