West Wind Aviation Beechcraft Kingair 200 and 1900's

Finally finished (on the shelf of doom for around 3 years) RVHP 1/72 King air

I know it could be better, there were many mistakes made along the way, I only wish my work was as good as Arctic Decals work

fwQwxQT.jpg

1fZh2bW.jpg

jIeWcUF.jpg

PvFfxaE.jpg

4FKhQFk.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 37
  • Thanks 3

Very nice Chris!  Great job and the paint work is just marvelous! :clap2: There is usually one of these parked at the Cameron Airport and I've driven out there to check it out a few times.  They are impressive machines (and costly too!) and you've certainly done her justice!  👍

Wow!!

That is superb!

RVHP kits are a bit pricey for my budget, but the King Air has long been a favourite aircraft of mine.

Unless mistaken, I think I've seen a similar Arctic Decals sheet for a Beechcraft 1900 (I have an Amodel kit in my stash).

Anyway, your brilliant work is inspiring indeed.

👍👍👍👍

1 hour ago, kapam said:

Wow!!

That is superb!

RVHP kits are a bit pricey for my budget, but the King Air has long been a favourite aircraft of mine.

Unless mistaken, I think I've seen a similar Arctic Decals sheet for a Beechcraft 1900 (I have an Amodel kit in my stash).

Anyway, your brilliant work is inspiring indeed.

👍👍👍👍

Thank you very much!

You're right! you have seen Arctic decals for the 1900

I commissioned sets for both the WWA (West Wind Aviation) 1900-C and D,  Mika (Mr. Arctic Decals) was working on a similar livery for the ATR (seen elsewhere here) As well as a Cessna 401 (I think?)  but I cancelled the decals when WWA and I parted company last September. I have built 3 D's a C the ATR and now this 200. great fun making civil a/c after all those Messerschmitt's etc. 

They look great on the shelf with the old Monogram Cessna float planes (4-5 of those too)

thanks for looking and commenting!

That is a very nice looking King Air, well done! Is this a resin kit or...?

Having flown BE300 myself, I can confirm what every one says. It really is a great aircraft: fast, robust, SE -performance that is second to none (well, I have also flown 20 series Learjets...). Those cabin windows are a result of clever engineering. There are no curtains, but the innermost panel works exactly the same way as a polarizing filter on a camera lens. Turn it a bit and it looks like there's no window at all, then turn some more and the view turns almost into black. Very effective and it also keeps the heat out to some extent.

Cheers,

Antti

Thank you all very much!

it is a resin kit yes, I’ve broken the knob off the window in a 200 spinning that inner filter going from light to dark...very embarrassing to break the airplane that way (the real one I mean)

again, thank you all for your kind words!

• Like 1

Congratulations Chris; you have done a very nice looking model! Many thanks for your kind feedback about my decals, but you also deserve many thanks, as it would not had been possible to make those decals without your valuable help. The reference material from you was just perfect!

Cheers,

Mika

Back again

It was suggested I could show some images of the previously completed Amodel Beechcraft 1900's 4 of them (in this same livery)

These are those models, the one in flight was gifted to the (retiring) Director of Maintenance at Westwind.

vRsoime.jpg

SVMB5zF.jpg

bFMwZIs.jpg

SIeNbji.jpg

WUmmy1s.jpg

lHPpQV4.jpg

8TiPWbM.jpg

qEmtqPM.jpg

3IaSGwq.jpg

qmPQkCu.jpg

u1PbDD9.jpg

NrSVIa1.jpg

hToVK7a.jpg

3 D's and a C

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• chrispisme changed the title to West Wind Aviation Beechcraft Kingair 200 and 1900's

Thanks for sharing the 1900s, I think you posted one of them on Scalemates?

They are all nicely done, The west wind scheme is quite nice, You mentioned Arctic Decals as the decals producer, I might have to get a set from Mika

• Like 1

Thanks all for looking, commenting!

9 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Thanks for sharing the 1900s, I think you posted one of them on Scalemates?

They are all nicely done, The west wind scheme is quite nice, You mentioned Arctic Decals as the decals producer, I might have to get a set from Mika

you are correct Ray I have posted pictures on Scalemates, although there wasn’t any interest in this kind of thing over there.

Mika (Arctic Decals) is a master at his trade! Buy from him with all confidence these sets are highly documented and were a bargain at what they cost him in time and effort I’m sure!

• Like 1