1/72 Eduard Fokker DR1 Triplane

Hello, all -

Another completed lock down build of Eduard's 72nd scale 'Profipack' edition of the Fokker DR1.   Presented on a small base (this is a very small model in this scale) together with an altered Airfix WW2 RAF personnel (pilot with parachute slung over shoulder) to look more like a WW1 German fighter pilot now holding a leather flying jacket (made from Miliput) instead of a parachute.

Model has been built OOB other than cutting the control surfaces to pose more dynamically to add a bit more interest.   In all,  this is a nice uncomplicated (if very fiddly with the tiny PE parts and fine struts) kit that goes together nicely.  The best PE feature on this kit are the perferated air cooling jackets for the MG's - sadly, not that clear in the attached photos.    Painted by brush as always.

Chosen colour/marking scheme represents that of Lt. H Weiss of Jasta 11, Cappy, France, April 1918.

elTgQZA.jpg

no56GcD.jpg

6TFjonm.jpg

YYfcqSF.jpg

ou3L8vU.jpg

nOtFvAB.jpg

7wg0wyV.jpg

I4UQbr5.jpg

Regards

Dave

• Like 31

Excellent - a gem of a model!

The pilot figure and base really set it off nicely.

You could pass this off as a bigger scale; which is a tribute to your skill & patience.

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kapam said:

Excellent - a gem of a model!

The pilot figure and base really set it off nicely.

You could pass this off as a bigger scale; which is a tribute to your skill & patience.

:thumbsup:

Thank you, Kapam -

Yes, not a complex kit by any means, but the overall small size of this aircraft (especially in this scale) together with some very fine and fiddly (tiny) PE parts made for a demanding build.  The PE control column in the cockpit does not like right to me as it looks a bit two dimensional.   If I built this again I would use the plastic parts here instead.

Regards

Dave

Good to see another real aeroplane in the True Scale Dave, even more so as yours is brush painted to a very high standard. The streaking is very impressive and the pilot figure sets the model off well. It is certainly a small model but it looks very much bigger in the photos.

P

• Thanks 1

Really nice work Dave, good choice of scheme and a very effective display too.

Regards, Jeff

• Thanks 1