Saab 35 Draken STGB Chat

vppelt68

4 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Now I'm even more embarrassed... 

Don't be. We all know how real life gets in the way.  I'm going through one of those periods at the moment, which explains why I haven't put my builds in the gallery yet.

• Thanks 1

Actually, a month ago I accepted a new position with my employer but one that requires a move to another town 150 km away, and quickly my wife found a new job there too. We both start in August and suddenly had hands and minds full of things to sort out (yes, we are moving together :giggle:)!

• Like 5

On 04/06/2023 at 12:33, vppelt68 said:

moving

Goodness me. That's certainly a valid excuse! Hope it all goes well (and make sure you pack your modelling stuff near the top!).

Thanks for a super GB too. I now have a new-found love for modern jets and state of the art Hasegawa kits - could get expensive!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 4

On 30/05/2023 at 14:54, Enzo the Magnificent said:

All of my entries are now complete! :yahoo:  Gallery entries tomorrow.

A little later than intended. :fraidnot:  I injured my back and have had to take an enforced break from modelling.  For four days all I could do was lie on the floor whimpering piteously...   But now I'm improving, so here is the Draken crew.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Mine too. I'm so afraid of it that I don't dare to turn my back on it.

Unless I'm very careful indeed, mine takes every opportunity to stab me in the back.  I dunno what happened this time.  It wasn't anything sudden.  The back started giving me gip in the middle of the morning and just got worse.  By the early evening I was lying flat on the bedroom floor almost unable to move.  Thank goodness for Naproxen.  

Once I could move, I couldn't stand up so I had to crawl around.  Not very dignified, :lol:  but at least I had a reason for crawling other than 🍺.  Sometimes, when I cook a meal, I cook too much so I freeze a portion.  I've been asking myself why I do that, as it just leads to a freezer full of meals.  This week, I understood why. :)

• Like 2

The like wasn't for your back but rather the Drakens, they look super. As for the back, I've been good for ages but have had back issues & well know just how debilitating it can be. Hang in there mate. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Push it baby, push it!

Sounds like a bad rap song from the nineties, but all the necessary means are eligible for us "tailenders" (thanks Steve for that!) to finish our Drakens in time :whistle:

So push it, push it real good!

Back to my paintbrush now :winkgrin: V-P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1