Saab 35 Draken STGB Chat

vppelt68

The various Hobby2000 boxings of Hasegawa's 72nd scale plastic is coming at the right time for this :D

7 hours ago, Col. said:

The various Hobby2000 boxings of Hasegawa's 72nd scale plastic is coming at the right time for this :D

They are indeed, and also pushed this proposal forward!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have looked through The Stash and found that I only have three 1/72 Hasegawa Draken single kits, plus a double kit for the Austrian retirement schemes...  :fool:

I also have a Wolfpak Decals sheet providing markings for a Draken used to trial the Viggen camouflage scheme.  That looks interesting.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I have looked through The Stash and found that I only have three 1/72 Hasegawa Draken single kits, plus a double kit for the Austrian retirement schemes...  :fool:

I also have a Wolfpak Decals sheet providing markings for a Draken used to trial the Viggen camouflage scheme.  That looks interesting.

A splinter scheme Draken, you say? Wow!

As a personal update, I now have the Hobby 2000 kit with Austrian and Finnish decal options that Tim shows above. A huge box for a small kit, by the way! V-P

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 9:20 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

It sounds interesting as well :speak_cool:

On 10/16/2022 at 7:23 AM, vppelt68 said:

As a personal update, I now have the Hobby 2000 kit with Austrian and Finnish decal options that Tim shows above. A huge box for a small kit, by the way! V-P

Room for another kit in the box to save wasted stash space ;)

I really don't need to get another kit for this GB.  As I mentioned above, I already have five suitable Hasegawa kits in The Stash.   So, just out of interest I had a look at th Hobby 2000 reboxes.    It turns out that the Swedish boxing has markings for F 13 Wing at Norrköping in 1966 and 1968.  These represent the same unit before and after the introduction of camouflage.  I find that sort of thing very interesting so I think I have found my project for this GB.  :D  I've placed an order for that kit...  just for the decals you understand. :fool:   

Mind you, I really fancy building a Finnish Draken.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2022 at 7:20 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

Splinter scheme Draken...... that has my interest!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Splinter scheme Draken...... that has my interest!

Sadly out of stock at Fantasy Printshop.

https://www.fantasyprintshop.co.uk/product/wolfpak-72-105-splintered/

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

The STGB is confirmed for next year, 4 March to 4 June.   Just jump in whenever you feel ready. 

Thanks mate. I have a Finnish white-serialled machine planned and a two seat conversion using the Maestro set.... I’ll only get to one, I guess. 

• Like 2

Just now, RidgeRunner said:

Thanks mate. I have a Finnish white-serialed machine planned and a two seat conversion using the Maestro set.... I’ll only get to one, I guess. 

They both sound excellent.   I'm seriously considering a two seat conversion of a Hasegawa kit using parts from the Heller kit.