Airfix Lockheed F-80C

Well, she's not going to win any prizes, but that is construction complete. There's some minor detail painting to do and a wee tidy up and then she'll go into the gallery.

spacer.png

Andy

Relieved

• Like 7

After a morning run over the bridges at Toko-Ri, my F-80 sits cooling in the afternoon sun. The drop tanks are being switched for a longer range mission later in the day and the bomb racks will be restocked closer to take off time. 

spacer.png

More images, equally blurry, in the gallery. See if you can spot where I had to touch up the silver this morning after a gluey finger lifted a chunk of paint (and some decal) - authentic kid building to the last :D 

Andy

• Like 3

The wing walkways are very vaguely defined but have a bobbly texture. That almost disappeared under primer then a couple of coats of silver so I almost forget to paint them in. Then I had to add that last minute bit of clear sprue since I forgot the nose weight. It was the glue from that which caused the paint lift calamity :D

If I remember right I used the spare drop tank halves from my first build with most of a Fujimi Sd.Kfz 250 and the tracks from something else to build a space tank - obviously watching lots of UFO or Space 1999 at the time.

Andy

• Like 1