Special Hobby 1/72 Potez 25 - has it been released as Jupiter 9 radial engine version?

Kari Lumppio

Hi!

Much like the title says. I bought the 1/72 SH Potez 25 TOE kit in the mistaken belief that it contains all the plastic parts for the Jupiter radial engine version, too. Turns out this is not the case. Apparently one of the frames is version specific. In the TOE case frame H containing nose parts and propeller and fuselage bottom. The TOE version kit does have a nine cylinder radial engine, though. There is frames A-D, but no E,F nor G so I am guessing those are the other version specific part frames.

Has the radial version been released and can one find the instructions somewhere? Did not find such thing at Hannants at least.

In the pinch I may be able to carve the radial  Lorraine engine nose pieces to accept the radial, too.

Cheers,

Kari

Edited by Kari Lumppio
Frame codes addition/correction

• 3 weeks later...

On 5/19/2020 at 6:09 PM, Kari Lumppio said:

Has the radial version been released and can one find the instructions somewhere? Did not find such thing at Hannants at least.

I think that Jupiter variant is not released yet, but very likely will be.  You can find Jupiter engine and characteristic front with openings present already on sprues (at least in what I bought: the Lorrains and Hispano boxes). There is also soemting what looks like a piece of front for Salmson engine and there are also pieces of Townend rig for Polish Jupiter variant)

1 hour ago, JohnMacG said:

There was a radial-engine P.XXv, by the now defunct Polish producer 'Hit Kit'. Only Polish markings of course.

Availability?  Probably only on E-bay.

The Hit kit Potez XXV with Jupiter has two boxes (two others were with Lorrain engines). One contained early French build machine in several countries liveries: Estonia (two schemes), Finland (on skis), Croatia (two schemes) and Yugoslavia,  (https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/72-hit-kit-potez-xxv-gnome-rhone-1750526061). (Decals needed covering with varnish before immersing in water, otherwise they decay in water). The second box was with Polish modification produced in Poland in the second half of 1930s,, with Townend ring and fairing behind engine, produced only in Poland and that one has only Polish markings

https://www.scalemates.com/pl/kits/hit-kit-potez-xxv--135268

Te Hit-kit was not that bad as people think about it, of course the SH/Frrom/Azur Potez XXV is miles ahead of it. Still, with some efforts you can do nice model from Hit-kit kit, Only decals needed covering with varnish before immersing in water, otherwise they decay in water.  Here is my build of Hit Kit Jupiter one done some years ago.

Anyway, my advice is be patient, the Jupiter Potez XXV by SH will appear :) I do hope. I am waiting for Polish Jupiter and Salmson one too....

Regards

J-W