Bad to the Bone - 1/144 Academy B-1B

Hi all.

The latest box to be thrown in the bin.

The Academy 1/144 Bone is finished. It took me two weeks from start to finish...say three days in total? I can't get over how well the Academy kit has gone together as the fit is fantastic. It's definitely a palate cleanser. The decals are from the kit and are courtesy of Cartograf. I think they're some of their higher end decals as they went down flawlessly. My only criticism is the lack of interesting paint schemes; you can have any colour, as long as it's grey. I need to make a base for it now.

Cheers,

Mick

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Mick Drover
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 2

That looks really nice Mick - not my scale by a long chalk but it is one of my favourite aircraft (who can forget the rolls at Cottesmore if you were there!) - sheer power! May take a look at one of these for my display cabinet - excellent!

Cheers

Malcolm

2 minutes ago, Baldy said:

That looks really nice Mick - not my scale by a long chalk but it is one of my favourite aircraft (who can forget the rolls at Cottesmore if you were there!) - sheer power! May take a look at one of these for my display cabinet - excellent!

Cheers

Malcolm

Hey Malcolm! I'm glad you like it. I might be able to do it in 72nd but the 48th option is just a wee bit too big. Considering the AM you can now get for it it'd be standout subject. And lets not forget the shares in Gunze I'd need for the paint!

It is 144th scale but a real pleasure to build. I'd recommend one for sure.

1 minute ago, Red Dot said:

Very nice model

Andy

Thanks Andy.

That is very smart - you have brought it to life with the weathering and and panel line wash.  The Bone is such a lovely looking aircraft.

Great job.

She turned out really nice. What's the black spot underneath for? I remember when the 1/48 kit came out, was really close to buying it, Glad I didn't since it's a big plane.