Wildcat Weekend ***FINISHED***

JOCKNEY

Having only recently realised that in my previous 3 Blitzbuilds I've built Luft 46 projects, I felt it was time for a change.

So having recently had the pleasure of Co-hosting the recent epic Frog Squad GB, I felt something from the Frog back catalogue was in order. So a quick rummage through the stash found this.

IMG_4955

Good Luck everyone 

Cheers Pat

• Like 12

I remember that Wildcat from 40+ years ago. I never had it but my cousin did. I was so jealous of the kit I can still remember it! Frog had probably gone down by then and their kits sort of vanished from in front of me before I got to buy them. My cousin somehow found a few of them in a town nearby our homes. Now I'll enjoy :popcorn: watching Pat blitzbuild one with not even faintest signs of jealousy anymore 😊. V-P

• Like 1

My build will be the Dad's Army, approach of grabbing a few hours when I can over the weekend, which added up won't exceed the 24 hours allowed.

So this morning, mandatory shot with time to show, Jockney is nae cheating !

IMG_4969

If the decals work it will be nothing short of miraculous !

Cockpit painted Green Zinc Chromatic along with seat, wings being assembled 

IMG_4970

Decided to paint some of the parts before assembly, so undercarriage which looks excessively complicated and engine parts plus prop painted.

IMG_4971

Clock stopped as need to clear the table for lunch.

Its what the locals in Ireland call a "soft day" up here today, or you could just say it's raining cats an dogs and blowing a hooley !

Cheers Pat

• Like 9

Good start Pat,I love day's when I'm up in the loft and the rains lashing on the window especially when I'm on a day off! On that subject It looks like

I'm about to start a new job and no more permanent 2-10 I'm going to miss those morning modelling sessions but at least no more weekend working.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Excellent choice Pat, one to add to my bucket list (next FROG GB?). Will it be in the camo scheme?

Hi Charlie

Absolutely FAA camouflage from HMS Pursuer.

I've  recently built an FAA Avenger and Barracuda, also both Frog, so it looks like by accident I'm getting a nice collection of FAA aircraft together.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Apologies whilst enjoying everyone else's builds I haven't been updating my own !

IMG_4975

IMG_4976

Fuselage closed up but wing gaps are a shocker !

IMG_4977

IMG_4978

Session ends need time for glue to set before starting to filler

IMG_4980

Cheers Pat

• Like 5

Session restart after Mrs Jockney retires to her pit, she working back on the local Covid-19 ward 2 x 12 hour shifts this weekend. First of all an apology I seem not to have taken a picture before putting the filler on to restart the session ! So here is a picture straight after the filler was put on, 5 minutes later.

20200523_235611

Filler all smoothed out using a wet cotton bud

IMG_4981

First coat of Sky applied session ends to give the paint overnight to go off.

IMG_4982

Cheers Pat

• Like 7

Looking good! I see it has the later “basher” pilot rather than the earlier “frogman”. A FROG kit is a good choice for a blitzbuild- you never feel like you are getting bogged down in intricate detailing!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Adrian, however there are domestic problems to deal with...

During the night whilst the H90 was drying the wildcat, was attacked by another wildcat or kitten in our case which resulted in this

IMG_4984

I thought she was in one of the kids bedrooms overnight but apparently the kitten was interfering with the all night Xbox gaming that seems to have become the norm so was evicted and allowed to reek havoc as a result !

So wing glued back on and take a chill pill, breakfast peanutbutter on toast, plus a mug of strong filter coffee.

IMG_4985

Wing fixed back on, the undercarriage was an absolute nightmare to fit, with lots of filing, adjusting and trying not to break anything. Eventually it fitted and a second coat to sky applied.

IMG_4986

Clock stopped for paint drying

Cheers Pat

• Like 6

Next session, with it now standing on its wheels, time to apply the H123 Extra Dark Sea Grey (EDSG) paint

IMG_4987

That's it on, honest ! Grey on Grey never going to work in a photo was it !

IMG_4988

Finally the H224 Dark Slate Grey (DSG) which as you know is actually green

IMG_4990

Did someone mention lunchtime...

Cheers Pat

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I was wondering if you were building or just doing a @trickyrich  

:fuyou_2:  I know where you build models!

Nice work Pat........ naughty kitty!!!   :whip:  Mines too fat to jump on benches! :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks Adrian, however there are domestic problems to deal with...

During the night whilst the H90 was drying the wildcat, was attacked by another wildcat or kitten in our case which resulted in this

IMG_4984

I thought she was in one of the kids bedrooms overnight but apparently the kitten was interfering with the all night Xbox gaming that seems to have become the norm so was evicted and allowed to reek havoc as a result !

So wing glued back on and take a chill pill, breakfast peanutbutter on toast, plus a mug of strong filter coffee.

IMG_4985

Wing fixed back on, the undercarriage was an absolute nightmare to fit, with lots of filing, adjusting and trying not to break anything. Eventually it fitted and a second coat to sky applied.

IMG_4986

Clock stopped for paint drying

Cheers Pat

Nice mug Pat! Nice build

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As a dedicated cat lover, I demand you post a picture of the other wildcat too! I really like the Temperate Sea Scheme upper colours and it appears to me you like FAA and Coastal Command subjects too, Pat. V-P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1