Quick as Lightning Blitzbuild - I Hope

15 minutes ago, Murdo said:

"porridge, banana and honey?"...   

"porridge, banana and honey"???      :hypnotised:

Thanks very Murdo, I'm glad that you like the result.

:rofl2:

I thought that the porridge, banana and honey would bring comments from folk who hail from north of the Roman Wall. But you should try it, like garlic bread, it's the future. :winkgrin:

Don't mind garlic bread, we stole from the Romans on t'other side of the wall then taught them how to cook proprely (like only adding salt to porridge). Garlic bread tastes okay... Well, it's VERY nice actually but much better with some soy sauce and cheese. 

It's just a bit smelly. Assists with Social Distancing though (apart from with the truly thick that nobody can assist). 

:thumbsup:

• Haha 2

:clap:Great build good buddy. Got to be pleased with that result. Congratulations on your first completed BlitzBuild.

You had plenty of time to build them both :whistle:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

:clap:Great build good buddy. Got to be pleased with that result. Congratulations on your first completed BlitzBuild.

You had plenty of time to build them both :whistle:

Thanks matey, I am more than happy with it but there were a couple of hairy moments, the spine being one, losing one of the fuselage serials was another, and trying to get the decals to settle was a nightmare. They are nicely printed and little on the thick side, but they proved impervious to Microscale's solutions, which were the strongest things I had, so I had to apply a little heat using a hairdryer.

• Like 1

That's a cracking wee collection! I have about 15 of these wee 1/144 planes, I'll post a pic in a new link tomorrow.

I think 1/144 fighters etc are vastly under rated and ignored. They can procuce some very fine models! I have no airliners though, no interest in them.

I see you have a very lovely Phantom there. I've been trying to find a decent British (large nose, no gun) Phantom for some time now, may I ask what kit yours is and where you got it please? 

• Like 1

Congratulations John

The Lightning is such an iconic aircraft and you have captured it perfectly.

I love the collection as well, that's a lot of time you have invested but it has been completely worth it.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Murdo said:

That's a cracking wee collection! I have about 15 of these wee 1/144 planes, I'll post a pic in a new link tomorrow.

I think 1/144 fighters etc are vastly under rated and ignored. They can procuce some very fine models! I have no airliners though, no interest in them.

I see you have a very lovely Phantom there. I've been trying to find a decent British (large nose, no gun) Phantom for some time now, may I ask what kit yours is and where you got it please? 

Thanks Murdo, I also have Italian AF, Saudi AF and Luftwaffe Tornado's and still have to build RAF types from the 1/144 Revell kit. I do build airliners, it was days spent on the spectator terraces at Ringway that sparked my interest in aircraft, but I do tend to build more military types these days. Here is one civvie that may interest you though.

35824234116_82236e33ba.jpg

35705146542_de64faf8b3.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

The Phantom is a Whirlybird Models kit that I bought at Telford several years ago, here is their current pricelist. It is expensive for a small scale kit but it is the only game in town as far as I am aware.

On 25/05/2020 at 19:57, PlaStix said:

Great result John! A lovely collection too! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks very much Stix. I have just noticed that I have missed out this Hunter, backdated to an F.4 from the Mark1 (ex Revell) kit, and RetroWings resin rear fuselage and wing items.

49115850216_1ed0c4da32.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

Ah, Barra beach.

I landed there once as a passenger, many many years ago... They actually managed to take off again - heading for Stornoway.

And that dio captures it superbly!

Edited by Murdo
  • Like 1