Hasegawa 1/48 F-15C USAF Aggressor

Hello!

I’ve always liked Aggressor’s scheme for the Eagles, so as soon I got a F-15C kit, I went after the right decal set for this scale. They’re from Two Bobs and everything else is OOB. I scratch built the ACMI pod from a AIM-9, so this bird is in the normal configuration for ACM training, with the pod and a captive AIM-9.

Kit was ok, except for the rear compartment lid that had to be well sanded so the canopy could fit closed, even tough is not perfect.

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by George72
  • Like 33

43 minutes ago, Oberleutnant said:

Excellent work!

I'm building Tamiya's F15C and I'll be very happy if it turns out half like this.

Not enjoying the kit too much to be honest.

I'm also doing an unusual camo scheme - Ferris scheme. 

Thank you! Well, I agree. We can certainly say there are betters....

Superb mate, you have done a cracking job on that.  Always good to see different schemes on these rather than just grey all of the time.

1 hour ago, Booty003 said:

Superb mate, you have done a cracking job on that.  Always good to see different schemes on these rather than just grey all of the time.

thank you!

1 hour ago, mackem01 said:

That's a fantastic scheme - the bird's not too shabby either. Great job.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Parabat said:

Stunning Eagle, that's a lot of intricate masking and it has turned out great. 

Thank you! It was really a lot of masking with tamiya tape, specially around curved parts.

2 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

That is a beautiful Eagle George!  I love that scheme and you've done it real justice.   A great example of fine modeling sir.  :clap2:

Thank you!!

26 minutes ago, Oberleutnant said:

May I ask what colour you used for the heat shield areas around the exhausts please?

Certainly. First Gloss Black, then a coat with AK Extreme Metal Polished Aluminium and then, to dark it a little, Gunze Mr Metal Color Stainless(#213) very diluted, like filter.

20 minutes ago, RMCS said:

Superb 

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, George72 said:

Certainly. First Gloss Black, then a coat with AK Extreme Metal Polished Aluminium and then, to dark it a little, Gunze Mr Metal Color Stainless(#213) very diluted, like filter.

Thank you!

Thank you!

The iconic F-15 looks good in any “uniform” but more so in this unusual Aggressor scheme.  Very nice and outstanding results to share with us!!!!! :goodjob:

Mike 

7 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

The iconic F-15 looks good in any “uniform” but more so in this unusual Aggressor scheme.  Very nice and outstanding results to share with us!!!!! :goodjob:

Mike 

Thank you!

5 hours ago, F-32 said:

Very different, looks really good

Thank you!

• Thanks 1