Calling All 917 Lovers !

Codger

1 hour ago, MR2Don said:

This Youtube is 9 minutes of an attempt to start one after 30 years. I find it fascinating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU0r99fyD0U

Ahhh, 917-021, that series of videos is an education. Love the noise it makes when all the pots finally wake up.

@Codger those Can Am cars were just wild beasts weren't they? Up to 1500 hp with a throttle lag measured in minutes!

Dave

Edited by Coors54
Addition

3 hours ago, Coors54 said:

A

@Codger those Can Am cars were just wild beasts weren't they? Up to 1500 hp with a throttle lag measured in minutes!

Dave

My absolute favorite form of racing ever - now sadly gone. McLarens, Porsches, UOP Shadows, Shelby King Cobras  - monsters all which demanded drivers with big brass man-equipment. :devil:

• Like 2

On 5/18/2020 at 4:40 PM, Codger said:

I wonder if even MFH could get this right...

Not to change the subject, but...  Are MFH kits all they are cracked up (along with cost) to be?  After my current build I'm fancying either the 1/12 Williams FW11 or a departure from Formula 1 with the 1/12 Porsche 962.   The models look the part but I've never built one.

Back on point... The cork screw at Leguna Seca...  That must have been so much fun!  That is one beautiful engine too.

1973_corkscrew

Edited by JCH
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JCH said:

Not to change the subject, but...  Are MFH kits all they are cracked up (along with cost) to be?  After my current build I'm fancying either the 1/12 Williams FW11 or a departure from Formula 1 with the 1/12 Porsche 962.   The models look the part but I've never built one.

Back on point... The cork screw at Leguna Seca...  That must have been so much fun!  That is one beautiful engine too.

1973_corkscrew

Wow. How may cars can you fit into one tight blind corner? I must do some you-tubing

Those 917/10s are a bit far back!

And yes MFH are awesome kits. I have built two with two more on the go, from 1/43 through 1/24 and including 1/12. Their 962 looks very nice too but I'd go for the XJR-12 if I did another one.

• Thanks 1