Steve's now off to Russia!****Finished******

Hi folk's I've had to bring a change as due to work/home commitments I'm not going to have the luxury of a full day Monday to pop up and down into

the loft so I need to go for something I can hammer together really on the Sunday and Monday morning's,luckily I have a back up kit,on my colour quest

for info on an Me109 build @Troy Smith came to the rescue with his usual speed and also included some photo's of JG 54's Fw 190's in there slightly non

standard camoflage so for a little go at one I grabbed HB's easy kit which includes two of their scheme's as I have still got the colour's from the 109

its a no brainer and good practice for a larger scale build I plan in the future,so Cinder's will go to the ball! Here's the 109,kit photo ASAP.

20200508_132840

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

What the dickens? Steve’s not grabbed a granny!

Good luck Steve. 

Cheer's HB,I thought a change was due and it's years since I built a Huey!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Interesting choice Steve! Looking forward to seeing you work your magic on it over the weekend! :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix,sadly (or not) I'm having to pull this one as I'm not going to have the time I thought but fear not there will be a build!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Sorry to hear that mate, will you be able to provide your normal encouragement to those that are taking part ?

Yes Pat,I'm working Saturday and Sunday so Sunday I have till 1pm for a couple of sessions,Monday we're going to see our Grandson for the first time

since this nightmare began(social distancing applied) so I'll have a morning session and after teatime to finish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

It won’t be quite the same without you @stevej60  Hope you have a nice time with the grandson. I hear model kits are a good first present 😄

Oh I'm still doing a build HB wouldn't miss it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Yes Pat,I'm working Saturday and Sunday so Sunday I have till 1pm for a couple of sessions,Monday we're going to see our Grandson for the first time

since this nightmare began(social distancing applied) so I'll have a morning session and after teatime to finish.

Oh that is brilliant news mate

First of all congratulations Grandad 😉

Second can we a have photo of you both, there are not too many cheerful stories on the go currently and this would make a lovely change.

I would casually leave an Airfix catalogue in his room as bedside reading and replace those mobiles that they have over a cot to keep them amused with a "dogfight double" you can't start them off too early !

cheers Pat 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

First of all congratulations Grandad

ha ha thank's Pat he's not a new arrival he's been with us a couple of year's but it's been a couple of month's since we saw him even though

they're only eleven miles away,he's got the set of quick build Airfix kit's so we're getting him off to an early start.

• Like 3

Morning folk's today I made a start I have a couple of hours spare so a ten to seven start with this one.

20200524_065533

An hour in and with the distraction of having some scratch building of struts for the two Henschel's I have got to this stage with two coats of light blue.

20200524_080506

Nearly ten to nine and two coats of light green she's starting to come together.

20200524_085119

And end of today's session the dark green applied,happy so far with all day tomorrow to play with it's looking positive, in all honesty over the two hour's

I've spent about 30-40 minutes on this even got the prop and spinners done on the old Airfix SM79!

20200524_091712

20200524_091629

'll have a look and see what everyone else has been up to now..................

• Like 12

I feel like a complete underachiever after reading what Steve has managed to do in such a short space of time !

More power to your elbow mate 😉

I must check out that SM-79 build it looks amazing 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

I feel like a complete underachiever after reading what Steve has managed to do in such a short space of time !

More power to your elbow mate 😉

I must check out that SM-79 build it looks amazing 

Thank's Pat,I wish I hadn't started the HB ME262 easy kit now I reckon I could have pulled of a double build! The 79 is in the kit built as a kid GB as usual I've gone Tonto

with about nine builds promised!

• Like 1

Damn Steve, it must hurt to have to slow down your usual build rate to stretch it over 24 hours :lol:

Nosebleed territory again, really impressive speed and quality 👍

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Fantastic progress Steve! Looking good! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

12 hours ago, Johnson said:

Excellent Steve. Quality and speed!

Thank's Stix and Charlie,the shopping trip's done and the day's mine now but the bright sunny day means I'll loose from about 1 till 4 in the loft so I better finish

my coffee and go for an 11 am start.

Morning folk's,a five to eleven late start and the u/c is fitted just in need of a dry brush on the wheels before fitting

20200525_110532

Glossed for decals first time the airbrush has been out for months for a bit of tail mottling so that's it for now.

20200525_113258

• Like 2

A 12;55 re-start,it was looking good the spiral and wing decals took well but the for piece fuselage and wing underside decals are a waste of time so

out came the yellow paint,it'll put an hour or two on for drying time but not a worry.

20200525_130423

• Like 4

Afternoon folk's a 4.30 pm re-start,decals on masking off just gave her a matt coat and canopy painted off for tea now about a half hours work

to do now.

20200525_165255

• Like 1