1/72 Fujimi A-6A Intruder, VA-75

Just finished this over the weekend - was sitting on a shelf for a while begging for my attention - glad that I finally got around to finishing it off.  It is nice to have the classic Intruder in my collection again after I sold my diecast one a few years ago.

The old Fujimi kit finished in the markings of VA-75, The Sunday Punchers.  There are 5 smart marking options in this kit but I went with this one as it has the cheeky Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club badge on the intake - along with an impressive mission tally.

Airbrushed using lovely Tamiya acrylics, Flory wash for the weathering and sealed with Xtracrylics varnish.  Built completely OOB - only had to drill the airbrakes out for a better look.

I did have a nightmare with a bit of primer/paint bleed on the massive canopy which then took an age to try and put right (really hate canopy masking...)

Anyway, enough waffle, let's have the photos....!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers all,

Phil

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

Smart build and a great choice of subject too. You've got to love the old grey over white.

I know what you mean with canopy bleed, I'm careful to keep the paint around masks on the light side so that it dries off quickly before it has a chance to run.  Can still be nerve wracking doing the demask though .

Great stuff ! 👍

Cheers

Gaz

• Like 1

You've done a mighty fine job with that!

Whatever you did to sort out the bleed on the canopy it sure looks to have worked!

I likely will never "enjoy" canopy masking, but It is better than me trying to hand paint such details.

:goodjob:

• Like 1

That is a stunner of an Intruder Phil, I would never have guessed that it is only 1/72.  Just enough weathering and highlighting to make it look realistic and used.  Some 1/72 models are best not viewed too closely, especially mine, but yours is amazing even close up.

I love the Intruder and yours is up there with the best, beautifully photographed too mate.

best regards, adey

• Like 1