An old pussycat

It's all a process to adapt too.  My first attempt was the same on my Mirage IIIO.  Got the belly to come out how I was trying to.....but the topside camo went on a bit heavier and wiped most of the pre-shade out.  It gets better.  ;)

Looks good to me too - once there are some decals on and a touch of weathering it will look  fab.

Did you decide which Sqn. will be depicted yet?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, helios16v said:

It's all a process to adapt too.  My first attempt was the same on my Mirage IIIO.  Got the belly to come out how I was trying to.....but the topside camo went on a bit heavier and wiped most of the pre-shade out.  It gets better.  ;)

I totally did the same 🙂

8 hours ago, Jinxman said:

Looks good to me too - once there are some decals on and a touch of weathering it will look  fab.

Did you decide which Sqn. will be depicted yet?

Thx. Going for 6 squadron. Just painted the tail band baby blue for it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It’s been a while since my last update but being host i guess I should get my act together. :whistle:

The jag has had the landing gear and horizontal stabilizers fitted and she has been decalled now. 
The decals held together very respectably considering their age. The misregistration and blurred crude print is just all part of the wonderful old school charm. 😊
There was no ‘danger air intake’ decal so i stole a section from the centreline tank’s decals to mimic that.

50207485111_59fe79b7bd_b.jpg

As a kid I always painted the undercarriage silver having no internet back then and the instructions lacking paint codes there so I have followed suit here in the spirit of the gb (knowing full well it isn’t correct)
Just a few things left (the gear doors and pylons i think.)
I don’t intend to weather this - i’d rather it be a simplistic look like i built way back when. It’s really refreshing to build a project so simply, pure and without fuss. This will not be my finest moment in plastic but then thats not the point - but it is fun. 🤗

50207467671_342bc10936_b.jpg

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, Dansk said:

It’s been a while since my last update but being host i guess I should get my act together. :whistle:

Yes you had hadn't you!

Jag is looking very nice Paul and should certainly make the deadline, fully with you on finishing her in the spirit of when we did as kids, much more fun!

• Like 1

I’m calling this done chaps, here she is warts and all.
There’s some botchery but I don’t care - It was fun to be so relaxed with a build and really fun to revisit just how simple these kits were back in the day. I think a fitting place for this kit I built as a kid is hanging from my kid’s bedroom ceiling so that’s where she’ll live 😊

50214448818_7c8a72ec45_b.jpg

50214976151_c23683f2a9_b.jpg

50214970576_a1cba994a3_b.jpg

50214970531_fb441a8c2f_b.jpg

50214448808_60926197a1_b.jpg

• Like 9

Well done on getting your Jag completed Paul.

She looks really good, the fact that she is in 6 Sqn markings doesn't harm her in that respect, and is a site better than the ones I made as a kid.

A great result from an old favourite and I can't think of a more fitting place for her to be than hanging from your kids bedroom ceiling.

Very well done mate.👍

• Thanks 1