Hachettes Build the T800

Hi All,

So I'm halfwayish through the part work build for Hachette 1:2 scale terminator, and I've been doing a fair few mods of my own

Heres how he looks so far up to issue 62.

spacer.png

Now on to some of the mods I have done.

The teeth are replacements from ModelModz and are off the shelf ready to fit, I just painted mine a bit to weather them. I have also weathered the metalwork with Citadel Nuln oil.

First the gun, I opened it up and fitted some home made electronics, and a laser, this can be seen in action with this video at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdIWEHlZnqo

I made a minigun, from a toy softgel gun from wish which is the main body, and the barrel and electronics I built from scratch using alu tubes, arduino etc.

spacer.png

And here is a video showing this in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoItMnAk8IQ

You will  notice in the vids the head is turning, this is another custom mod, using a servo in the neck and arduino, which controls the head turning and mouth opening, I wanted mind to be automated rather than remote controlled.

spacer.png

One thing that I sacrificed is the moving eyes, I opted to make my own larger eyes which I made from chrome balls and a lathe, filled with resin and a fibre optic, lit using the standard LEDS.

spacer.png

Final mod that I have done so far, is I cut the circle cover off the cranium, and added a alu piece that I made from a small alu torch inner

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The chip is from a piece of plastic and when you take it out the thing powers off.

Loads more vids on my channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_VH5TWel4tPLz3r2ukRSA

Thanks for reading, some of this not in chronologocal order, hence why the last posts show the original teeth etc.

Edited by SJW2511
  • Like 11

I’m building this with Fruit of Loin #2, not done any mods and the last 2 issues haven’t arrived at my newsagents yet, so am a little behind you. 

Also, because I’m buying from the newsagent I haven’t got the gun, wonder if Hachette will sell me one, or is there someone 3D printing them?

27 minutes ago, Rob998 said:

I’m building this with Fruit of Loin #2, not done any mods and the last 2 issues haven’t arrived at my newsagents yet, so am a little behind you. 

Also, because I’m buying from the newsagent I haven’t got the gun, wonder if Hachette will sell me one, or is there someone 3D printing them?

Yep they're available on hachettes website, 45 quid iirc

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2020 at 20:52, SJW2511 said:

Yep they're available on hachettes website, 45 quid iirc

Can’t find it on there, and they’ve not replied to my emails so I’m going to have to look for a 3D printed version I think. 

Or give him something stupid like a couple of half scale Colt 45s...

• 7 months later...

I thought I’d continue here rather than start a new thread.

I’m about 25 issues from finishing this, my Toddler Terminator, doing it completely oob, but I really need to do something about the gun, it’s too pristine and plain so I’ll have a go at giving it some battle wear. And maybe down the line I’ll give the droid a bit of a grime wash too.

Sorry for the rubbish photos...

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

Afternoon all, only just found this build!! Well finally got my hands on one and I’m very impressed with the overall quality and I’ve always been a massive fan!! I did find Steve Williams build which certainly inspired me to do the chest spine mod however getting the parts certainly isn’t cheap and easy to find. So far I’ve pretty much rebuilt and added finger mods eyes teeth and a bit of weathering but defo will be redoing the base. 

• 2 weeks later...