74 Squadron Phantom FGR2 Work in Progress

bobsyouruncle

I picked this large (for me) canvas up a couple of years ago (it's 1.5m by 1m) as I thought it might look good on the dining room wall?

We were supposed to be on holiday in Austria and Germany this last week, so instead I found a bit of spare time at home, which has been handy.

Having finally got around to painting the hall, stairs and landing, I also found some hobby time to start blocking in some colours on this one.

I'm not really used to this size of canvas and it won't fit on my table top easel, so I'm having to paint it whilst it's hanging on the wall (with the aid of steps to reach the upper parts).

It doesn't look that big at all here in the photo, but the Phantom itself is over a metre long and I'll need some more tubes of oil paint for this one.

Just started filling in some blocks of colours to get a feel of where we're going or now and will build up all the details later. 

Cheers Bob.

spacer.png

• Like 11

That already looks tremendous Bob,I really like the sunlight - gorgeous! It would look great on our dining room wall - except we don't have a dining room...!! :)

Really looking forward to seeing this progress!

Keith

• Like 1