RVHP Beech King air 200

already in progress, earlier build WIP pictures lost to matrix someplace...but new project build pics are here.

1st decals of...about 6 million!

UMseUUH.jpg

moving right along:

n3Cev9G.jpg

hours later...

UbHLXiX.jpg

0cYRlp4.jpg

LnszAZe.jpg

That's the majority of the decals, I didn't put in the no smoking and instrument panel decals...seriously, they're included! There's even Dzus fasteners and over center snaps on the cowls (haven't seen that in 1/32 let alone 1/72!)

Anyhoo thanks for looking

PS the model isn't accurate (the real plane doesn't have the cargo pod nacelles)

• Like 11

Ooops forgot...there will (maybe) be 2 more of these built along these lines one is accurate to it's prototype the other, like this one had the cargo pods which were wrong...so I modded an Amodel 1900 wing and the RVHP fuselage (much like Beechcraft did but in reverse) to fit the 1900 wing to the 200

Here's the Amodel wing (the gray plastic wing) fitted out with RVHP engines pictured below an RVHP wing assembled

boNhivo.jpg

and fitting the Frankenstein assembly to a fuselage:

YFOh1wX.jpg

SqVdyVc.jpg

now I'm done...I think? work will continue tomorrow

Thanks for looking!

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I had no idea they shared wings Chris, nice paint work and progress on the FrankenBeech!

I have started RVHP B200 to build as an Aussie RFDS aircraft, I suppose I should get on and finish it

Would be nice to see more folks building these yes....get at it!

• Like 2

I heard that! I think it'll be a while (unless i'm locked in much longer) before I try vacuum formed models again! Never say never though...

adding the last few detail bits (from the kit) I'll have to try scrounging up a couple of pitot tubes and windshield wipers now.

LLyc8IK.jpg

LkYxa4R.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, chrispisme said:

got a wip going? I can look in on??

I started a thread on another forum back in August but have not touched it since September!

Here is a link. I think once I get back into it (I have 4 current builds to finish up) I'll post a continuation over here.

38 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I started a thread on another forum back in August but have not touched it since September!

Here is a link. I think once I get back into it (I have 4 current builds to finish up) I'll post a continuation over here.

Some great work going on there!

ive got 2 more of these to do if I can muster the ambition, maybe if you get a start on yours you’ll inspire me to build one too!

• Like 1