RCAF Snowbird down in Kamloops BC.

NoSG0

Global News is reporting Captain Jennifer Casey, the Public Affairs Officer for the Snowbirds has died.

RIP Captain Casey.  Condolences to friends and family.

I hope the other injured  person(I think RCAF) makes a full & speedy recovery.

• Sad 4

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN22T0RT 

Story about the crash, sounds like mechanical failure or pilot induced. Witnesses say they took off in a pair and almost immediately one pulled vertical. Almost as if the controls failed or the pilot had health issues possibly.

The video does show one of two aircraft taking off and the left aircraft pulling up and away to the left where it dropped to a nose down attitude with both crew ejecting clear. Quite how the Flightglobal publication determined it to be the middle of a display is questionable and annoying. RIP and condolences to those involved.

Keith

Sad news.

Do they normally fly with two crew or was this an unfortunate joyride?

Did both eject, I can see in the video two gets of grey smoke from the plane which I assume are the ejections - both very low, especially the second one.

Cheers,

Nigel

The climb looks like an attempt to gain altitude after an engine failure or some other issue. The Tutor doesn't have zero zero ejection seats so altitude is needed. But it seems to have ended in a stall then a spin, with a very late ejection outside the seat envelope. It's remarkable that anyone survived. 

Edited by noelh
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

If we cannot speculate over the apparent demise of Wingnuts, why are we allowing speculation over actual death, @Mike?, @Julien?

Quite right, we should not. This should be left for the official report.

Please end any specualtion now.

RIP Capt Cassey. :poppy: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Julien said:

Don't know what's supposed to be showing here, but all I get initially is a set of grey boxes that look like they're going to show a forum link, but then disappear completely...

....exactly the same happened when I 'quoted' in this reply - grey boxes that pulsed a couple of times and then vanished...

Edited by andyf117

1 hour ago, Dave Swindell said:

It's a link to the Snowbirds Facebook page, click on it and it takes you there.

Yes thats correct. Thx Dave.

4 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

It's a link to the Snowbirds Facebook page, click on it and it takes you there.

Nothing shows there for me to click on - as I said, I see grey boxes pulsing for a few seconds, then they vanish, and the post appears blank...

....running the cursor over the post reveals nothing either - exactly the same happened as before when I returned to the thread again now...

7 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

Nothing shows there for me to click on - as I said, I see grey boxes pulsing for a few seconds, then they vanish, and the post appears blank...

....running the cursor over the post reveals nothing either - exactly the same happened as before when I returned to the thread again now...

Andy,

You're not the only one experiencing problems! I can see the FB page embedded ok (no grey pulsing boxes), but when I click on it, nothing happens. No links open up, no new windows open, just nuffink!

Mark.