1/48 Hasegawa FW-190 A-4 "White 10 + -"

Hasegawa's 1/48 FW190 A-4 as "White 10+-" which was shot down by a formation of B-24s on January 27th 1943. The aircraft went straight to hell - literally that is, in the sense that it ended up crashing just outside of a little township in The Netherlands called "De Hel", which translates simply as hell.

The model was built almost out of the box, with a few PE parts from Eduard (but not nearly the whole set); brass barrels from Master and hollow exhausts from Barracuda Studios.

Painted with Mig Ammo acrylics which I find wonderful to work with. Weathered with Mig products as well but I kept that to a minimum. Decals from the kit and the spares box.

The base seen in some of the photos is from Uschi Van Der Rosten, and the figures in those photos are from ICM.

Very short and straight forward build thread here:

9fxHuFq.jpg

cSKAUDs.jpg

2s7Zhni.jpg

SbZrUKR.jpg

BgWPW00.jpg

MQTvgpQ.jpg

Ru1UlnO.jpg

KieuMKP.jpg

DbNCXcy.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 16

I like the subtle weathering. Airplane looks like it just arrived at the squadron from the factory. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I like the subtle weathering. Airplane looks like it just arrived at the squadron from the factory. 

Thanks - that's what I was going for. The aircraft was lost during literally the first encounter with American heavies in January 1943 so I didn't want to make it "feel" as if it was beat up and weathered from the heavy combat that would follow during that year.