1/72 BPF Hellcat

This guy only took a couple years to complete, but here it is:

20200517_091236

It's the 1/72 Eduard kit in TSS, painted with Vallejo - my first success with free hand camo with water based paint. I'm happy with how it turned out, but it may be another case of beginner's luck, as my next attempt went terrible and I don't want to talk about it. 😆

20200517_091142_HDR

20200517_091059

20200517_090937_HDR

20200517_090845_HDR

20200517_091045

20200517_091244

20200517_090950_HDR

And here it is alongside some BPF stablemates.

20200517_091459

Thanks for looking.

• Like 27

Excellent job, Cookie! :worthy: I love the (free hand) camouflage and the weathering :clap2: And I know how tiny this is in 1/72! :frantic:

Ciao

• Thanks 1

Congrats for the build, camo AND particularly the weathering. Got the F6F-3 on the bench just now and I keep breaking small bits into smaller ones (control stick, rudder pedals, aileron hinges .....) so maybe it will also be two years before it comes under the spotlights. Don't think I'm able to get such a nice result as you, though.

Edited by PattheCat
  • Like 1

Hi Cookie,

very impressive Hellcat! Perfectly painted and weathered.

To avoid disasters in the future, only two solutions: practice and maybe buy a bigger trash can, but it is worth a try, or go back to enamel paint!

Am I full of useful tips!

I really like the way you painted the exhaust stains!

Congrats.

JR

• Thanks 1

Great work, Cookie! And good job with the free-hand camo - it looks nice, with just the right amount of weathering. For my taste anyway.   :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1

Well done Cookie!!!!  I nearly selected the Eduard Hellcat as my follow-up project to the Hasegawa FB-111.  What I chose will remain a secret until I unveil it here in due time.  With that being said, because of seeing your`s here Cookie, I more than likely will embark on the Eduard Hellcat sooner rather than later.

Splendid results!!!!! :clap2:

Mike

• Like 1